SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POSDM sales posting by different distribution channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

My client is a retailer and integrating brick and mortar store. However these brick and mortar store would also be responsible for fulfilling e-commerce demand.

The client requirement is to be able to perform sales billing document posting in SAP ECC into different distribution channel for the same store site (1. Brick and Mortar; 2.E-commerce, etc). The client is also going to implement POSDM.

Is it able to differentiate different distribution channel in POSDM and when sales is interfaced back to ECC (WPUUMS / WPUTAB), able to post billing to separate dist channel?

If cannot, what can be other proposed standard method?

What would be the configuration steps for this?

Appreciate a lot for your help.

Best Regards

Dominic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use different transaction type for sale of Brick and Mortar store and E-commerce sale.

Then create IDocs for both sale transaction type and use some logic such as message function in IDoc to differentiate the sales of Brick and Mortar store and E-commerce sale and create custom implementation in ERP to process these IDocs according to different distribution channel in ERP.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use different transaction type for sale of Brick and Mortar store and E-commerce sale.

Then create IDocs for both sale transaction type and use some logic such as message function in IDoc to differentiate the sales of Brick and Mortar store and E-commerce sale and create custom implementation in ERP to process these IDocs according to different distribution channel in ERP.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant, thanks for the reply.

1. How am I able to create separate IDOCs for separate sales transaction type?

2. When generate IDOC WPUUMS, how can I determine which sales transaction type is using which message function?

Can you shed some light on the configuration steps?

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards

Dominic

0 Kudos

Hi,

Create different task groups.

One for Physical store transaction type and one for online store transaction type and four different tasks.

Two tasks for WPUUMS and WPUTAB for physical store and other two for WPUUMS and WPUTAB for online store which will use message function. Assign these to correct task group ans assign task group to corresponding transaction type in img configuration.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant

Where can I set up the linkage between "specific message function" and "task for WPUUMS and WPUTAB"? Is BADI required? If yes, where in IMG can I do it?

Thanks and regards

Dominic

0 Kudos

You need to create custom badi for /POSDW/TASK and accommodate code for message function in the same for IDocs.