Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GTS 11.0 SPL and HANA

rahul_mirashi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am looking out for the information on below details

1. How SAP GTS 11.0 is different from 10.1 in HANA integration for SPL Screening
  2. Do we need to have 2 different GTS servers i.e. 1 with normal Database while another with HANA database or do we need single GTS server with 2 database
  3. How different HANA live with GTS System on HANA

This is something grey area and no documentation available so requesting your support.

Thanks & Regards

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say 11.0 is the first version to take advantage of SAP HANA.

Need to activate SAP GTS accelerator to take advantage of HANA database, now SPL will be more powerful with HANA.

Setting SPL with HANA needs fewer configurations setup, Moreover you can avoid unnecessary steps like resetting application buffer, generate comparison terms, aggregate comparison terms and transferring comparison terms.

Let me know if you need SPL-HANA configuration settings as well.

former_member261965
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok

Could you please share the SPL-HANA configuration setting to me?

former_member284694
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok

Could you please share if possible? Have you faced any issue regarding HANA view? I have faced major issue and system is giving short dump. I have created the seperate issue as below

It looks like it is a code issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Please share the configuration to me as well.

Regards

Nag

0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

Could you please share the settings with me as well?

Thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok

Can I request you to please share the GTS SPL-HANA related configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member131774
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

Q1 & Q2:

GTS 11.0 support HANA as database. This means you could now install GTS on HANA.

After doing that you could use new feature for SPL Screening in HANA.

Q3:

If you already stored GTS on HANA, then you don't need to perform data replication to HANA System.

Previously you need two systems.

Best regards,

Vincent

rahul_mirashi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vincent,

As you have written that GTS 11.0 supports HANA as database, does it mean GTS 10.1 was not supporting?

You also said that previously it requires 2 systems. Does it means the Side car approach?

If my system is GTS on HANA, do I need to activate the accelerators and any other specific configurations or it will be a generic SPL configuration is sufficient?

Thanks & Regards

Rahul

former_member131774
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

I would rather not say GTS 10.1 is not supported. You could have a try in your system.

If your system already on HANA, then there is no need to activate HANA accelerators.

However, if you are using GTS 11.0 you could use new algorithm which runs on HANA to speed up SPL check.

Best regards,

Vincent

0 Kudos

Hello Vincent,

I wanted to start the customizing on HANA based SPL check, wanted to create a comparison procedure for SAP HANA search (IMG > GTS > Compliance Management > Sanctioned Party List Screening > Define Comparison Procedure > Define Comparison Procedure for SAP HANA search).

I can create an entry here but once saved, if I leave the customizing screen and go back in, my entry is gone despite the message that indicated that it was saved successfully.

Have you noticed that behavior on your side? Is there anything to do before creating the Comparison Procedure?

Could it be because some other Comparison Procedure are already defined in "standard GTS Search"?

Thank you