Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important! Microsoft KB3093983

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have received reports that after installing Microsoft KB3093983 CDT can freeze or crash.
We are currently investigating the issue but meanwhile recommendation is to set the KB to hold.

Regards,
Jukka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The situation is that we are not able to reporoduce in our LAB. Our best guess at the moment is that there is certain pattern which causes the issue. There is some hints that it might be related to scripts but as said we were not able to verify.

So, the current recommendation:
1. You should check the SAP Note 2246083 as Matthew said
2. If there is a demand to install the fixes then we would recommend to do it in few phases. For example IT could install it to 10 machines at 1st round and then to the rest if not issues reported.
(I know that might be difficult but that is the best recommendation we can give the moment)
3. If your installation is CRM integrated solution the odds to hit the issue should be lower. (as scripting is mostly used in stand alone scenario).

Then of course if you hit the issue we would like know if you recognized any patterns. (user did something and after that it happened)

Regards,
Jukka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jukka for the information on this issue.

I'll add a little more information around where we saw the issue that hopefully helps determine the cause:

1. Charm in Solution Manager.  After entering 5 or 6 values in drop downs, we would suddenly see a major impact to performance and a huge spike in memory utilization by using the Task Manager and monitoring the process for iexplore.exe.  This was easily reproducible by going to Create Change Request and entering values in a few fields.

2. CRM Web UI.  Our users in CRM Web UI were noticing the performance issues.

Both of these were resolved by disabling the Spellchecker via the note 2246083.

3.  BPS Screens.  This one was intermittent and seemed to show up on different BPS screens for different users.  Disabling spell check did not seem to help here.  However, we uninstalled the IE11 patch and then reinstalled it for a couple of users and it seels like this resolved their issue so far.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos

Hi Jukka,

We have stopped installing patch KB3100773 for now.

and this helps, no user is facing the issue.

but due to security complience the Windows team need to install this patch.

Could you please let us know if this is addresses.

Best Regards

Swatantra Chourasiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wanted to update all that I was seeing these issues also and found SAP Note 2246083 released yesterday.  Disabling spell checker in the browser seems to have resolved some of our issues.  We already had the form completion turned off by default.

Hope this helps some of you also!

former_member282286
Participant
0 Kudos

We have SP 08.100 with all but 7.0.8.108 HF and our desktop guys pushed the Windows Update out to users a couple of weeks ago.  I am not aware of any chronic issue that we are seeing.

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thank you for the information! After I published the warning we went through more testing and seems like we have dificulties to reproduce the issue. My assumption is that there might be a certain pattern that cause the freezing situation.

In other words current recommendation is to postpone the KBA if you haven't installed it or at least run tests before publishing to all workstations. If you already have it and no issues reported then there is no reason to panic.

Regards,
Jukka

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still had a problem after I removed this KB with 7.0.6.100 system. I didn't have any problems with 7.0.8.100 system.

I removed this KB3100773 and 7.0.6.100 CDT started to work again.

CDT startup error:

0 Kudos

Hi.

So you don't have any problems with that new KB3100773 and 7.0.8.100 version?

Jukka, do you think it's safe to install that new KB3100773 (IE11 and 7.0.8.105) to users?

-Jarno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jukka,

We have a SP7 system running which CDT is experiencing freezing and crashing recently. The technical team are checking whether was this patch installed.

However, there is a question as to when an incoming queue call reached CDT and it hangs, the call seems to be stuck to this agent and would not forward to the next available agent even after the timeout is reached. Is this an expected behaviour during hanging/crashing of CDT?

Thanks.

Ben

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Your issue is most probably not related to the KBA issue. To get your issue forward I recommend to check SAP Note 2182407 and even it is stating "SP8" you should do the recommended changes. Once that is done you should make sure system has all hotfixes applied, specially hotfix 7.0.7.20.

Regards,
Jukka