Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TXT file is truncated when exporting LSMW projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created LSMW project containing several objects. When I want to export the project I go to menu Extras -> Export Project and I export the whole project with all the objects inside. In result the system generates a TXT file saved on my local PC machine which I want to import into another system. However, when I open the TXT file I see that it is truncated - it does not include the last 1-2 the objects even though I have included all of them. More specifically, the last object is totally missing, and the one before is truncated and contains partial information. As if the system generates a file with only a certain number of lines... Have you ever met such an issue and do you know what is the reason behind? The TXT file size is approximately 400-500 KB.

If I import the file as it is in the other system and I want to check the truncated object on step "Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion Rules" I have error message:

Error in insert in table /SAPDMC/LSORUL

Message no. /SAPDMC/LSMW011

I thought this could be authorization issue and for that purpose I made a partial export containing only the missing objects. The TXT file is OK then. But separating the project and exporting it in several portions takes a lot of time.

Best regards,

Lyubomir

2 REPLIES 2

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check if note 1035383 apply for your system

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1035383

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

we do have this note implemented. The note is valid until package SAPKB71001 and we have package SAPKB73114. Still I checked the code and it is according to the note.

Best regards,

Lyubomir