cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open my documents in SAP Lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I downloaded SAP Lumira desktop edition version 1.28.5. initially it worked fine but once I activated the chart extensions I am no longer able to open my documents in SAP Lumira, it simply hangs whenever I try to open my documents or even if I want to create a new one. please see the screen shot below and please advice how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Fatma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please advise if someone has solved this. I have the same problem, cannot get Lumira to work again after installing extensions. Tried reinstalling a dozen times, removing every single folder. It does not work, hangs when trying to open a document. And does not show extensions manager window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Install lastest version of SAP Lumira 1.29.3

Open run (Win+R) and type %APPDATA%, you will be taken to the Roaming profile folder. Navigate to the parent folder. You will find the local profile folder, inside that navigate to SAP -> Lumira -> Database. Delete all the contents of the folder.

Once after installing extensions check in .sapvi folder and see weather you can see the installed extension(s).

On opening SAP Lumira, check task manager, check its performance of SAP Lumira.

If Usage and memory is high rise ticket to SAP Lumira support team.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fatma,

How much memory do you have on your machine? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

I still have 181GB free memory.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That sounds like disk space; I am asking about RAM; Lumira requires 4GB RAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 8 GB total RAM and 3.45 GB is in use.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which extension did you install?  Can you uninstall it and then does Lumira work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded the sample chart extensions from SAP analytics extensions marketplace(like around 10 sample charts) and added them to following location. C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\samples\extensions\charts

After removing all the files which I added I restarted the computers but it still does not work.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you contact Lumira Support by mail or phone +1 855 558-6472 about this?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if this will work:

Uninstall Lumira

Open File Explorer, go to C:\Users\<user ID>

Rename the .SAPVI folder

reinstall Lumira

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Witch name can I use for this folder?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can just delete that folder. When you reintsall the folder will be automatic created. If any data u needed, just rename.