cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a service in a production BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I set up materials, BOMs and recipes in SAP for a production plant.

Currently we would like to include the cost of external QC testing in the cost of our products.

Our idea was to add to the bill of material of the goods a new material created as a service in SAP.

The goal is to have the cost of the testing included in the standard cost of the product when we do the roll up of the material.

But when we do the roll up of the product with the external QC testing, we get the following message :

Area : CK Msg: 322 Consumption account cannot be determinated

Area : CK Msg: 597 Costing items for material xxx in plant xxx without cost element

How do we have to manage an external testing in SAP ?

Can you advise me the material master set up to use for the external testing.

thank you,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Maybe you can add the testing as a subcontracting operation. Try to do that with a new operation on your routing with control key pp02.

Regards
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your proposal.

In fact I tested another way. I found that the cost element was empty for my service in the purchasing tab in the BOM.

By a adding the cost element for external manufacturing, the roll up of the cost went well.

The next step was to create a purchasing requisition link to a process order of this recipe.

I add some trouble to generate the requisition but finally succeed. I am waiting now for the conversion of my requisition into a purchase order. Let's see if at the end the invoice will be linked to the process order.

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

At present we use ZP12 control key for outsourcing of part of process .

After set this control key in routing , we have automatic Purachase order for material.

Finaly PR chanege to PO and get a cost .

Regards