Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specification Workbench Property Tree display

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

in CG02 Transaction , in Property Tree view

I see description of Value Assignment Type.

Is it possible to view Value assignment type also in that area

e.g.

I have Property Tree as below

CUP.png

Ideally I would like to see Value Assignment Type under Property Tree column and Vale Assignment Type Description under Description column for each property.

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Niketan,

I got your point, If the description was blank as it displays the description because your maintaining the same description in class that's the reason it is getting displayed.

If you want to know more once click on that class hit F1, you will get VAT 

ex : SAP_EHS_1022_023,

Goto CL02 t code & enter the same VAT SAP_EHS_1022_023 in class you will get the same description there also.

I think his will clarify your doubt.

your requirement is different & it is not possible.

Thanks

Satya

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niketan,

Value assignment (Class) itself is a description, then only you will get the description which comes under property tree.ex: Eye protection & Hand protection,Which you are configured at back end process.

My question is why do you need again description for that.

Thanks

Satya

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Thanks for reply, please take a look at my reply to Ralph

Thanks

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Niketan,

When you create a value assignment type, don't forget to also maintain the description. Then you will see it in the prop tree view.

Ralph

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

This is exactly the issue,

what I am seeing is description and not Type.

I want to see both Type and description under property tree.

(interestingly description is displayed under property tree and description column is blank, IDK why it is designed like that?)

Hope this explains..thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Nicks,

While I understand the issue in SAP design, I am not sure what is the real need for displaying both type and description? Any business requirement around it?

Regards,

Pavan

0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

I have created a new spec type and also added VAT and characteristics to it. Problem is, when user enters data and saves it, the data entered is getting disappeared. Please help here!

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

I'm not sure what your issue is. You cannot add a VAT to a spec type, you can only make it visible for a certain spec type using the table-based value assignments. This you have done, obviously, but what are your steps from there? Please explain using some screenshots.

Best,

Ralph

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

is is not a good idea to use many threads and use the "comment" function to ask the same question. Please start a new thread/Questions and avoid the "comment" option

It is not 100% clear what you have done or what you have missed. Reading between the lines

1.) you generate a new VAt

2.) you assigned to the VAT a EHS class

3.) you have adjuted the property tree and the new VAT is visible for the user

4.) You can enter data

5.) but after "safe" the data is not visible any more

Without details: we can not help

PLease generate therefore a new discussion. Thanks

C.B:

nick_valeriano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Niketan,

If you right click on the Value Assignment Type Description that you want to see and then select Report Symbols, you will see a list of all of the actual Value Assignment Types as well as their corresponding Report Symbols.

-Nick