Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Financial background,looking for a career in SAP FICO.Help needed!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I'm from non-financial background( Btech Computer Science) going to join Indian overseas Bank as Probationary Officer. I can continue and make a career in banking but i have some other plans.I dont want to go into ABAP,want to learn SAP FICO as my work is related to banking and finance. Please guide me whether retail banking experience counts if i want to make a career in FICO side in future and if yes then how many years of experience will be fine. Also please throw some light on resources from where i can learn fico,classroom wil nt be possible for me. Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Mahesh J.

3 REPLIES 3

shaik_sajid
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh,

Work for atleast 3 years in Bank....So you would become aware of general Finance Domain.

After 1 or 2 years you can start studying SAP FI module during your free time.

Use Google and Use SAP SDN, it has huge number of documents and blogs regarding SAP FI Module....From them you can learn.

But as of now concentrate on your Bank job to get the Domain Business knowledge.

All the Best.

Regards

Shaik

former_member183294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh,

My suggest about the SAP FI - It essay to do Configuration in SAP , Business Process and Accounting Entries till Balance Sheet finalization is difficult to understand ...

My Suggestion for SAP FICO is must required Accounting  Background and experience its essay to understand and analyse Business Process

With Regards,

Ganesh

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Did the bank you are going to work SAP FICO, i dont think so, since they will be using SAP Banking and Financial module.

You can learn SAP at any time, but it will be very useful once you have sufficient domain knowledge.

Also you need to think about whether SAP FICO or SAP Banking and Financials module will suits you in near future.

Best of Luck

Regards

Terence