cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when uploading XML SPL file via /SAPSLL/SPL_UL01 in GTS 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried uploading my SPL XML file in GTS 11 which is the same file I had uploaded in our current production system of GTS (8.0) in March, but I am getting the following error:

Error in XML transformation - tag: System expected element 'SLL_SPL_CONTROL'

I'm not exactly sure what it's looking for I found some notes that sort of referred to it but not exactly that message.

Has anyone run into this?

Thanks,

Chris

Update: Since I am in our sandbox I tried a few different things. I unchecked the Optimze runtime and the saving of the log.

That actually got me through the first error and it loaded data but every record had an error saying the list type didn't exist but I just added them earlier today from our production system. There is a note that is somewhat similar to this 2144923 which is fairly new so I will see if this has been implemented or not and if it corrects the problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomasrausch
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christopher

does your XML file contains a section like

<SLL_SPL_CONTROL>
   <SLL_SPL_DATA_PROVIDER_ID>340888228</SLL_SPL_DATA_PROVIDER_ID>
   <SLL_SPL_FILE_ID>SLS_200001</SLL_SPL_FILE_ID>
   <SLL_SPL_VRSIO>EU-00613</SLL_SPL_VRSIO>
   <SLL_SPL_BASE_URL>http://www.awr-portal.de/SubBoy/pdf.jsp?site=</SLL_SPL_BASE_URL>
</SLL_SPL_CONTROL>

If not, the CALL FUNCTION '/SAPSLL/SPL_ST_XML2A' throws sy-subrc = 2 and that means

SY-MSGID = /SAPSLL/CON_SPL_UPL & SY-MSGNO = 036 and

Messages = Error in XML transformation - tag: System expected element 'SLL_SPL_CONTROL'

Regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos

I experienced the same problem and it is related to the actual data file. We had to request a special Run Time Optimized file from the data provider and then it worked. But before that, I had exact symptoms as you no matter which parameters I adjusted.