Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Order Configuration

marc_laberge
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

So when a production order is created and released, it has it's own configuration that can be different from the Sales Order.

This means that if I change the classification of the related sales order, values will differ until I do a Re-read master data in the production order or if I use OCM.

I'm trying to read this configuration with function module VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION for example, and I keep getting the classification of the sales order only.

Example:

Sales Order item 0000647709/000010 in VBAP has CUOBJ = 000000000000022173

Production order 000001001384 in AFPO has CUOBJ = 000000000000022173

So of course if I run FM VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION with instance number = 000000000000022173, I will get the same result in both cases (the sales order configuration).

However, when I display the production order, it has a different configuration from the sales order.

How can I get the real production order configuration ?

Thanks,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marc Laberge,

SAP ECC support only make to order with configurable material so every time a production order configuration will be copy of sales order configuration only. I am not sure where and how you are changing configuration of production order without changing sales order configuration.

Idealy production order created from sales order and changes to sales order can drive changes to production order  through direct production or assemple to order and make similar changes to production order.

Changes to SO permited till the order is in plan stage only , once Plan order converted to production order no changes allowed .

Thanks

Ritesh

marc_laberge
Participant
0 Kudos

@Ritesh Dube

I'm changing the configuration in the sales order.

This makes the configuration different in the sales order (new value) from production order (still old value). I know that once I'm in production order I cannot change the config directly, I need re-read master data or OCM.

My question is how can I get the configuration of the production order (with the old value), if I want to print it on the shop order for example.

With VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION, I'm only able to get the configuration from the sales order (new value). SAP must store the old value somewhere.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marc Laberge,

Sales order and Production shared same CUOBJ , as soon as you change the configuration on SO CUOBJ is updated with new values, if you want to fetch values for old configuration first get it from tables using VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION or print production order with old values first and make to sales order later.

I still didnt underatnd why you want to print old values instead of printig shop floor document with latest value needed for production.

Thanks

Ritesh

marc_laberge
Participant
0 Kudos

Well technically, CO03 still shows the old value somehow.

So I would like my shop papers to reflect what CO03 shows.

I'm still confused as to where SAP stores the old value to be able to show them again in CO03.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ritesh Dube,

I wish SAP would make over life as easy as it looks on screen. Here the problem is what ever appering on screen is through structures for display and it have filters to show how it looks like before reading a master data again , but when we try to use FM to fetch information it do not follow same logic as display , it fetches the information for current sutuation , FM for configutration fetches the current values on CUOBJ and you end up getting whats not actualy visible  or applied on a order object.

Only option i can see here is get an expert ABAPer and sit with him/her to figure out in debug what structures being used here and how to implement same logic in an custom program.

Alternative , generate a spool and save it for later use , specialy when you have change sales order with config values, fetch the old spool and print it for your comparision.

Thanks

Ritesh