Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translated portal content cannot be transported

Francis417
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I've tried added some translation for the portal content and follow the step suggested in the following link to export the package.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-24995#jive_content_id_PCD_Object_Translations

The only difference is that in our environment, we don't have CTS set up for the portal, we are exporting the package to files system and then import them to the target environment.However, after importing to the UAT environment, the translated text cannot be displayed.

Any idea what I've done wrong or any step that I've missed.

Thanks,

Francis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are talking about Internationalization (I18N) issue right,

Could you please check the Translated language and User language both are same or not

Please check the document. it should be useful for you Internationalization (I18N)

Kindly let me know if you need any more information.

Francis417
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

Thanks for the document. In our case, we are not changing the user's language, instead we are changing the language setting of the browser like ie.

The translation works fine in the environment that I've added the translation, however, the translation cannot be transported to another environment.

Any ideas what has gone wrong?

Thanks,

Francis

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We need to change the user language under user administrator. If it is in disable mode, check with BASIS or

Check the UME. Where Portal user are saved. If saved in ECC. Check the T-code SU01 -To create and maintain the users.

Here you change the language.

Francis417
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

In our case, we are not changing the language for the portal user. In fact, we are using the AD domain users to login the portal, to be exact, to login ESS. We have created portal users which simulate the 'real' user for testing and even after changing the language for the portal user, the translation, I mean the revised translation, still doesn't appears.

the language field is left blank and in SU01, the language is defaulted as EN and the language setting in the ie browser is also in English. It works fine and the the content is displayed in English which is correct.

Now if I change the language setting in the ie browser to another language, say Chinese (Taiwan), and then login ESS, the content will be in Chinese which is also correct and works fine. The only problem is that the revised translated text can only be displayed in the environment which I perform the translation, but not in another environment which I've imported the package.

Regards,

Francis

Answers (0)