cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue installing SMD agent

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Having issue to install a SMD agent on a Solaris 10 box. I've tried to use the latest SWPM and it still giving the same error. Below is the log:

INFO 2015-11-12 02:46:29.783

Working directory changed to /tmp/sapinst_exe.10169.1447296353.

INFO 2015-11-12 02:46:29.801

Working directory changed to /usr/sap/PSA/inst_SMD.

WARNING 2015-11-12 02:46:43.387

Found profile of Java instance W31 in supposed system based on AS-ABAP PSA. Setting hasABAP status to undefined.

ERROR 2015-11-12 02:46:43.393

CJS-30036  SAP system PAE is an ABAP or ABAP+Java system. Cannot convert this to a Java standalone system.

ERROR 2015-11-12 02:46:43.521

FCO-00011  The step collect with step key |NW_DiagnosticsAgent|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_DiagnosticsAgent_GetSid|ind|ind|ind|ind|getSid|0|collect was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: SAP system PSA is an ABAP or ABAP+Java system. Cannot convert this to a Java standalone system.).

The sapinst is not showing any input box as it throws out this error immediately. For your information, W31 is a Webdispatcher instance.

Regards,

Eida Hanafiah (Dafi)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Manage to solve this by disabling/commenting the instance W31 in the /usr/sap/sapservices file.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems issue is occuring due to initial option selected from SWPM .

I would suggest please check once below note and proceed accordingly.

1858920 - Diagnostics Agent installation with SWPM

Thanks

Br , Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eida,

Can you share the screen-shot of SWPM while installing SMD agent.

I think you have chosen wrong system type while installing SMD, is the reason it fails with this error.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not reached to any screen yet after selecting SMD agent installation screen (on the main menu). The error is immediately after I select SMD agent installation on the main menu.

Hope this explains my situation.

Regards,

Eida 

former_member199290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eida:

What SWPM version are you using to install the DAA? Also could you share the screenshort when you make selection for Diagonistic Agent Installation.

Are you choosing:  Generic Installation Options-> Diagonistics in SAP Solution Manager?

Thanks.