Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Willing to shape career in ERP...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Members,

Wish you all Happy New Year. I hope all of you have a very Happy Diwali 2015.

I am an Electronics Engineers (BE) passed in 1994 in Maharashtra and started my career as Trainee Engineer (Operations) at ECE Industries Ltd. New Delhi. I worked there for about a year and due to unavoidable family reasons had to leave the job and came back to my native place Khamgaon, a town in Vidarbha Region having population about 1.5 Lakh. I was left with no other option than to start a small business of Computer Sales and Service in 1996. I expanded business across the length and breadth of the District and was happy until recession started from year 2005. Mounting expenditures, high debts level and diminishing profit margins compelled me to hunt for alternative sources of income. I tried a lot of ways including share broking, Reliance Mobile Outlet, Uninor Mobile Distribution, COCO Petrol Pump (Indian Oil) management, real estate broking, Insurance Agency etc. but due to less potential in small town, I really can not achieve much till December 2011. During this period, I also worked with a local co-operative Bank as System Manager and acquired knowledge about banking as well as Core Banking System being a team member of CBS implementation.

On very first day of 2012, I joined a company in Engineering, Construction and Operations of National Highways as Assistant Manager in Nagpur at a moderate salary of 15k pm. I am confident about my abilities and worked hard to get appreciation in September 2012 as Toll Manager with salary 30K. In view of my domain knowledge of system integration, vast knowledge of processes, communication skills and hard work, my management appointed me as Single Point of Contact for all Toll Management System and Liaison issues. System Management, Toll Plaza Management, MIS Reporting, Maintenance activities on Project Highway, Liaison with Authorities and a lot more to list come under my scope of work. Now I am promoted as Sr. Manager - O&M and I am earning handsome salary of 60K and stable on my job at the age of 43 years.

But, yet away from a goal of my life to become a ERP Professional. I want to become a SAP Professional and render my services. I was partner to Tally ERP (Sales and support) and of course using Tally ERP for my business and at work. My experience in various verticals and knowledge about various processes in corporate, proprietorship, industries, institutions, offices etc. might help me to become a ERP professional. As my domain area of experience is Sales and CRM, I started reading material available through various media about SAP Sales & Distribution during 2010-11. But, unfortunately I failed to gather required fees for Certification at that time.

Now, I wish to make my dreams come true and become a successful ERP Professional. I understand, at the age of 43 years, it may be difficult but nothing impossible. What I need is proper guidance from the experienced in ERP. SAP SCN is one of the best group to have latest information about SAP and hence I joined with no hesitation in mind.

<<removed by moderator>>

In the mean time, I am going to contact Halo Technologies office at Nagpur (Authorized SAP Training Partner) for further information.

Waiting for a huge response from the group members...

Thanking you,

Sandesh Agrawal

Message was edited by: Colleen Hebbert  - do not post personal contact details outside of your profile as per SCN rules.

2 REPLIES 2

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandesh,

Well, you have ample of domain experience.

You can also contact SAP directly for career information on modules etc. CRM has a demand always.

If you do certification or not, joining into SAP will be a challenge with the current market condition

Have you worked with the company where SAP is implemented, since you can also become ERP professional with those exp. Also the Salary will be very competitive, only A grade companies can pay this salary for a SAP beginner,

All the best.

Do not leave your current job to learn or search for SAP opportunities. Once you get a firm SAP job, then quit the current.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Thanks for guidance. How can I contact SAP directly? Will you please explain?

Sandesh