cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CG02 - Status Tab

0 Kudos

Can anyone help me set up the config for Status Management for CG02?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Franc

I can 100% agree to comments from Marc:

"Status management in my opinion adds a huge amount of complexity to CG02. If you use it together with change numbers and complex usage scenarios it is in my opinion too complex and close to overkill."

On top Status management can have "interesting" effects on content of WWI reports (if you combine this than once again with Status Management on Phrase leveL. On the topic it is in most cases not easy to define a "suitable" access concept (as somebody needs to be abled to switch from "Status A to B"

Therefore: before you use this option: ask yourself: what is the business case? (e.g. access concept etc.) => on the top:; if you are using "Content" from 3rd party. no idea how you would like to use this; and if you use content as "rulesets etc." => I would assume that most of the rulesets as delivered are not considering "Status" Management

C.B:

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Franc,

From your previous message I get the impression that quite some basic customizing is missing.

Did you do an adjust of the customizing to client 000?

Status management in my opinion adds a huge amount of complexity to CG02. If you use it together with change numbers and complex usage scenarios it is in my opinion too complex and close to overkill.

I would not necessary recommend it - especially if it is in an exiting (older) EH&S implementation - as most custom programs would need to be re-written - for proper error handling due to statuses.

Hope this helps

Mark