cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to the server: ###.CrystalReports2013ReportApplicationServer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am migrating reports from Crystal 9 to Crystal 2013 version. I am using Oracle Database. After migrating the reports, I need to test it through a Java application. When I test them some reports work fine while the others give me this error message.

(Note: All the migrated reports work fine on my machine) Also checked the server connection and it is running properly.

Servlet Engine Exception

Error:

Cannot open report document. --- Unable to connect to the server: #####.CrystalReports2013ReportApplicationServer.

StackTrace:

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.managedreports.ras.internal.ManagedRASException: Cannot open report document. --- Unable to connect to the server: #####.CrystalReports2013ReportApplicationServer.

cause:com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKServerException: Unable to connect to the server: #####.CrystalReports2013ReportApplicationServer.---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed

detail: Unable to connect to the server: #####.CrystalReports2013ReportApplicationServer.

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.managedreports.ras.internal.RASReportAppFactory.a(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.managedreports.ras.internal.RASReportAppFactory.a(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.managedreports.ras.internal.RASReportAppFactory.openDocument(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.managedreports.ras.internal.RASReportAppFactory.openDocument(Unknown Source)

at jsp_servlet.__viewreport.getReportClientDocument(__viewreport.java:254)

at jsp_servlet.__viewreport._jspService(__viewreport.java:710)

at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:301)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:184)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3732)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3696)

at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)

at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2273)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2179)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1490)

at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:256)

at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:221)

Caused by: com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKServerException: Unable to connect to the server: #####.CrystalReports2013ReportApplicationServer.---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKServerException.throwReportSDKServerException(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.managedreports.ras.internal.CECORBACommunicationAdapter.a(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.managedreports.ras.internal.CECORBACommunicationAdapter.request(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.y.a(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.r.a(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ReportClientDocument.if(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ReportClientDocument.if(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ReportClientDocument.a(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ClientDocument.open(Unknown Source)

... 19 more

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.definition.ObjectFormatConditionFormulaType.from_string(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.definition.ObjectFormatConditionFormulas.readElement(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.xml.serialization.CrystalSAXParserHandler.endElement(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:585)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.handleEndElement(XMLNamespaceBinder.java:898)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.endElement(XMLNamespaceBinder.java:644)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1008)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1469)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:329)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:525)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:581)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:152)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1175)

at com.crystaldecisions.xml.serialization.XMLObjectSerializer.load(Unknown Source)

... 27 more

Could some one please help me with this?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A few questions for you:

1) How were the reports tested on your dev computer? In the CR 2013 designer? In the Java app?

2) Is the Oracle client the same on both systems?

3) CR 2013 does not install any SDK, so where did your Java SDK come from?

4) How did you ensure that the same Jar files are on your dev computer and the runtime computer?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tested all the migrated reports on Crystal Reports 2013 designer on my computer. They all work fine. But when I run the reports through Java application, some reports work fine while some give this error message. Yes Oracle is same for both.

I did not check the jar files. Could you please let me know how do I do that .

Thank you

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before we get to the Jar files - does the Java app work on your development computer? Does the Java app work anywhere?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the Java app works on my machine. I can run around 15 reports through java app and the other 10 reports give me this error message.

All the reports connect to the same database.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry. I need to be 100% clear. Which of the three below is correct?

1) on your dev computer you can run 15 reports and the other 10 reports give you the error

2) on your deployed computer you can run 15 reports and the other 10 reports give you the error

3) on your dev computer all reports run with no error

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

On my dev Computer all the reports run

but once I publish the reports to CMC and run the reports through the Java application only 15 reports run and other reports give me this error.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Harsha, but I am not getting clear enough information - I even had another tech look at this and he feels as I do...

So. At this point in time we are only interested in the custom java app. Not CR designer, not BI Platform, just the app that uses the java SDK.

Does that one java app work with all the reports on your development computer? Once we are absolutely sure about that we can proceed. Alternatively, you may want to think about creating a phone incident - having BI Platform, phone incidents are part of your support contract.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Java app is displaying the report documents for 15 reports while for the other 10 reports it is throwing the exception displayed above .

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You did not answer my question. I think creating a phone incident will be your best option...

- Ludek