cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports - Jsp integration in NetBeans 8.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have developed my dynamic web application with MVC (Java and Jsp) using NetBeans 8.1 I have also designed two reports using Crystal Reports 2008. Now I want to integrate the reports into my application (jsp). What steps can I follow to achieve this? I have attached the jsp I am using in attempting to run my report but I am stuck. Please assist.

Regards,

Fred.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What issues you are facing?

I see that you are trying to view an unmanaged crystal report. Do you have all the required libraries in your applications classpath?

Libraries and the Crystal Report Viewer are available at

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crystalreportsforeclipse/2_0/crjava-runtime_12.2.219.zip

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already downloaded and imported the jar files before posting on this forum but I'm getting this error I have attached. Is there anyway I am missing it?

Regards,

Fred.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether you have the CrystalReportsRuntime.jar in your classpath. Remove any older referrences of jars and keep the latest one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I removed and reimported again. The error has now changed to the one in the attached files. Please help.

Regards,

Fred.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would need to include the crystalreportviewer folder in your application which you have got along with the libraries.

Place it at the same level where you have your jsp files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I get the crystalreportviewer folder?

Also look at the attachments. This is how I have designed my project:

From the Screen-shot file attached, jsp 1 calls jsp 2 which calls the report 3. I have attached both JSPs. The web.xml is beside Screen-shot file.I am getting the error as shown in the screen-shot file. Please assist where I am getting it wrong or what should I do?

Regards,

Fred.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have the crystalreportsviewer folder available with the libraries at the link below

Libraries and the Crystal Report Viewer are available at

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crystalreportsforeclipse/2_0/crjava-runtime_12.2.219.zip

Place the folder at the same level as your WEB-INF.

You would need below entries in the web.xml along with the crystalreportviewer folder.

<context-param>

<param-name>crystal_image_uri</param-name>

<param-value>/web_application_name/crystalreportviewers</param-value>

</context-param>

<context-param>

<param-name>crystal_servlet_uri</param-name>

<param-value>/CrystalReportViewerHandler</param-value>

</context-param>

<servlet>

<servlet-name>CrystalReportViewerServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.crystaldecisions.report.web.viewer.CrystalReportViewerServlet</servlet-class>

</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>CrystalReportViewerServlet</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>/CrystalReportViewerHandler</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's great. It has worked. I just used only the contents of the library and followed your instructions. The report is running now.

Regards,

Fred.

Answers (0)