Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Mobility (Fiori) or Basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am a SAP PI developer and know some ABAP. I want to learn a different model of SAP now, but not sure should go for Fiori or Basis, considering my background and future job opportunities.

I am thinking going to Basis, since I know SAP PI which is close to Basis, but not sure the job market. I think SAP Mobility (Fiori) is in demanding, but it is not related to my background.

Can you give me your honest opinion and suggestion?

I really appreciate your input

Blue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Blue L, I can't understand what are you saying when you compare fiori with basis.

I mean, Basis is one thing, and Fiori (for me) is totally different.

And about mobile tecnology you've got more info here: or but as I said before, I don't know how you refer this with BASIS module. For me, Basis is .

Can you say more about this?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Blue L, I can't understand what are you saying when you compare fiori with basis.

I mean, Basis is one thing, and Fiori (for me) is totally different.

And about mobile tecnology you've got more info here: or but as I said before, I don't know how you refer this with BASIS module. For me, Basis is .

Can you say more about this?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Osvaldo,

Thank you very much for your reply!

The reason I am asking mobile is because my manager think mobile is in more demanding market, so he wants me to learn mobile.

But my background is SAP PI, which is very close to Basis, so Basis should be easier to learn( that is just my point of view).

If I want to expand my career, I am wondering either mobile or Basis I should go for my case.

Would you give more suggestions.

Thanks a lot

Blue

0 Kudos

Hi Blue,

First all, if I were you I wouldn't worry about my current profile much. Even I have worked on few transaction in SAP XI like JAVA stack refresh , sxmb_moni etc., But I wouldn't think of this situation as moving away from new technology or something. I would still keep my options open for any module coming my way. Getting to work on SAP FIORI will give you more visibility to your profile in the market and this is one of the best way now for you to stay up to date with the current technology.

By the way you have knowledge of ABAP as well, so that will surely come in handy for making modification on FIORI launch pad, if any. . So enjoy and grab the chance on FIORI if get.

Regards,

Naren K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Thank you so much for your advices.

So you would prefer FIORI than Basis. I will start training on FIORI

Blue