cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while re-transferring commodity codes from GTS to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

On re-transferring commodity back to ECC from GTS (t-code /SAPSLL/SWN_RTR_R3), following error message is received "DB Action: The material cannot be maintained sinceno maintainable data transferred".

On checking the material master the sales view of the material is not maintained (also not defined for this material type) , Is maintaining a sales view is necessary for re-transferring the commodity codes from GTS to ECC?

Thanks,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Please make sure your material type is configured to have the plant tab. Only if this is enabled, the material can have plant tab, HTS code can be assigned.

Thanks,
Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish,

Material is maintained for the required plant but I am still getting the same error, please see my response on this above (reply to Dave's message).

Regards,

Naveen

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

It appears to be some missing config in ERP.  Please try this config in ERP, tcode OMSR.

maintain as follows:

Also in OMSFIX, make sure the field is not locked.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I have checked the config and it is exactly same as mentioned in your post, not sure where the problem is. I will check with programmer and see if we find anything.

Regards,

Naveen

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

A Sales view is not necessary; however a Plant segment is needed (in table MARC) for at least one Plant in the country of the Legal Regulation being re-transferred.  That segment could be generated from a Sales or Purchasing or MRP or Warehouse view.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave,

Plant view is maintained for the material (for country it is classified for) but I am getting the same error as mentioned in my post earlier.

Also, I noticed for this material the plant is maintained but in "Foreign Trade Import" view the field "Comm./Imp.code no." is not appearing and that might be the reason for getting the error mentioned in my original post.

Please let me know if there could be any other setting missing or required to ensure retransfer of commodity code back to ECC?

Regards,

Naveen

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I can't immediately think of anything else to suggest.  From the code, I'm fairly sure the error is coming from Function Module MATERIAL_MAINTAIN_DARK, which is called by the program for the "heavy work" in updating the tables.  You might want to get a programmer to set a break-point there and help you to debug and find the problem that way.

Or maybe Satish has better ideas?

Regards,

Dave