Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC segment size is not changing - Data element updated

0 Kudos

Hi all!

My client uses IDOC file transfers for vendor payments. It currently works fine.

There is a new requirement to add a connection to a new bank. The file layout of this new bank requires us to extend the characters of the current IDOC segment (actual size is 400 we need to generate a new layout with 500).

Instead of creating a new IDOC segment type, we just changed the data element of the related IDCO segment but the change did not take effect.

In WE31 transaction we generated a new version for the segment type. It shows the new version with the new size but the IDCO is still transferred with the old length - we see the file in PI (SXI_MONITOR) as 400 characters. This is not a problem in PI, since the type for the segment is a generic 'string'.

My guess is that there is some configuration missing around the IDOC type/segment.

What else could I do to transfer 500 characters?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

0 Kudos

Any idea?

0 Kudos

luizfelipe.martin Did you got solution for this, I'm getting similiar type of issue after changing existing segment data element