cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Some of the archives defined in the stack configuration file were not found in the download directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Recently, we installed SAP Netweaver AS Java. During post installation step, we're struck with the error " Error: Some of the archives defined in the stack configuration file were not found in the download directory" using SUM (software update manager) tool (see attached screenshot).

Patch files mentioned in stack.xml are already copied to the required path directory /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in.

I don't understand, still what files are missing? I also checked in path \SUM\sdt\log\SUM\DEFINE-TARGET-SOURCE file, it says none of these files were found in the download directory.

Patch files copied to this directory are .SCA (in Zip format) and .SAR (kernel files). Do I have to extract them like SPAM process? Is the directory path required, similar to that of SPAM process?

Any ideas, please?

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreenu,

Both your stack.xml file and your downloaded stack archives should be in the same directory.

KR,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amerjit,

I kept both the downloaded stack archives and stack.xml in the same Directory.

In LMDB of Solution Manager, I have verification completed as yellow instead of green. (see attached screenshot). Maybe, that would be the root cause for the issue?

What do you say?

Thank you,

Sreenu

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreenu,

I just read your initial message again and I'd like you to clarify one thing.

You said "Patch files copied to this directory are .SCA (in Zip format) and .SAR (kernel files)."

Are you saying that there are no .SCA files in your download directory but only .ZIP and .SAR files ?

If that is the case then you should unzip the .ZIP files that contain the .SCA files. For the .SAR files you don't have to do anything.

KR,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit,

Thank you for your Response.

Actually, I don't find any .SCA files after the extraction of ZIP files.

I assume, ZIP files (SCA files are in this form after downloading them from Marketplace) and .SAR files along with the stack.xml  has to be placed in downlod Directory.

Maybe, stack.xml  was not generated properly from SolMan MOPZ. Actually during xml file Generation, I got some warnings. Most cases, these can be ingored and not errors. Maybe, this would be the case with JAVA stack.

What do you say?

Best regards,

Sreenu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Mentioned note not helpful.

Any other ideas, please?

Regards,

Sreenu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenu,

1. Please upload the DEFINE-TARGET-SOURCE* file.

2. When you created your MOPZ transaction it will have provided you with a summary of files that would have been put in the download manager basket.

3. Were the files from (2) successfully downloaded and placed into the same directory as your stack.xml file ?

4. In your screen shot it refers to stack.xml. That does not follow the naming convention of xml file generated with a MOPZ transaction. did you just copy the SMSDXML_<SID>* file from your solman to the file called stack.xml ? Please upload the stack.xml file as well.

KR,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit,

Please find the file "DEFINE-TARGET-SOURCE" in attachment.

I don't understand, what do you mean with file SMSDXML_<SID>* ?

Actually, from SolMan MOPZ,  two types of files (Stack Delta Configuration Files and Stack Delta XMLs for Software Lifecycle Manager) can be generated.

I downloaded Stack Delta Configuration File "stack.xml" into directory that is used during SUM upgrade.

Thanks,

Sreenu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenu,

When creating a MOPZ tx you generally select your solution and product version and then go through the guided procedure. Just before your packages are placed in your download basket a .xml and .txt file will be placed in the /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in for your system/MOPZ tx.

That said ........

1. You have your stack.xml file P:\AS_JAVA_731_Downloads\MOPZ_Downloads_NEW\stack.xml

2. In your "DEFINE-TARGET-SOURCE" it's telling you that it can't find the .SCA files it expects to find based on your stack.xml

Q) Have you downloaded the files that are defined in the stack.xml ?

Q) Are the required .SCA files in the P:\AS_JAVA_731_Downloads\MOPZ_Downloads_NEW directory and does <sid>adm have permissions to read these files ?

KR,

Amerjit

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

Could you refer this SCN link with same issue

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thank you for your Suggestion.

According to your SCN link, I tried also, by copying the patch files to other download directory along with stack.xml file from path directory /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in.

But, I am still struck with the same error.

Any other ideas, please?

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu