cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment procedure, manual payments, rebates

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Company uses SAP rebate functionality for years. With payment procedure = C, No limits for manual payments in the rebate agreement types.

Now, they want this field to be configured as A, Payment allowed up to accrual value.

With this there will be better control in the manual payments to rebate recipient.

Can you think of any impact to the current rebate agreements, if payment procedure in the agreement types is changed to A (from C)?

What analysis should be done, as part of impact analysis?

I have performed tests, and don't see any negative impact in the existing rebate agreement. All information, for example accruals, sales volume etc. etc. are unchanged. When creating manual payment more than the accruals, I get the error message, which is the expected behavior.

Thanks!

TW

Rebate agreement type, VB(2

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your support!

This change was implemented and result is OK. The existing and newly created rebate agreements have this restriction because of the change in Payment procedure from C to A, in respective rebate agreement types.

Ticket closed.

TW

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member428841
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Someone knows if this check related to the manual payment (payment allowed up to accruals value) is provided even in the new rebates procedure in SAP S4/Hana? I have checked the customizing, but I have not found this configuration step?

Thanks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/people/veselina.peykova

http://scn.sap.com/people/moazzam.ali

http://scn.sap.com/people/lakshmipathi.ganesan

http://scn.sap.com/people/bernhard.ainetter2

http://scn.sap.com/people/eduardo.hinojosa

Experts,

please give your views.

also, what should one specifically check in existing rebate agreements to verify that there is no impact, after payment procedure change, in rebate agreement type.

TW

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP recommends to post accruals manually either

• if you have fixed amount rebate for which, you cannot process through normal SD process  OR
  • scales exist and the amount you post is too high or low in which case you need to make corrections.

If your business process does not meet the above criteria, then it is not recommended to go for manual process.

Now coming to your query on implications, I don't have access to SAP to test and not sure on how system would function.  But as you are aware normally, any configuration change will impact only the newly created documents and not the existing documents.  So not sure, whether you have tested with existing document after configuration change

G. Lakshmipathi

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

I am not sure. but please, check note 75778.

I am not sure because it is a long time since I did I prototype because I've never done it for a productive enviroment. The idea is you can do partial settlements before the period for the agreement ends. For this partial settlement you only have thevaccruals as relevants figures. But obviosly the final figures could be others because there scales and the percentage for figuring out accruals could differ. I think that field rule what amount you transfer to FI.

I suggest to create an scenario until the payment (tcode F110) with different possibilities.

I hope it helps you

Regards

Eduardo

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

My question is related to partial payments and not manual accruals.

In rebate agreement type, when I change payment procedure from C to A, then this change reflects in existing agreements.

After this change, any new partial payment (B3) credit memo request can be created only up to the accrued value.

Please let me know if I missed any point you wanted to advise.

Thanks!

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eduardo,

I will test upto payment (F110).

My understanding is that if Eligible amount to be paid to customer is 575$ but accrual is 500$, then final payment can be made upto 575$. By this (credit memo), the customer will receive 575$ and the accrual will be reversed to 0$. And the rebate status will become D completed.

Please elaborate if you want to highlight something in particular.

Thanks!

TW

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Follow to the final settlement. For instance, you have 4 quaterly settlements, one of them for the year. Try to pay more than the year settlement result, and check your FI postings. After, do the customizing to avoid the misbehavior.

I hope it helps you

Regards

Eduardo

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello TW,

I do not see any implications of changing the Payment Procedure from C to A in existing Rebate Agreements. You have already performed the test and system is successfully giving error message in case the manual payment is more than the accrued value.

I have just one thing in mind that you have look at and discuss with the company. What about those cases of existing Rebates Agreements where the Manual Payment is already done beyond (more than) the Accrued value? I mean imagine a scenario where before you change the Payment Procedure in Rebate Agreement from C to A, the accrual amount is USD 1000 and Manual payment already done is USD 1200.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jignesh,

You have brought up an interesting point.

When payment procedure is C No limit, then user can make a payment of 1200 USD, even though accrual is 1000 USD. The accruals will become zero, as reversal can happen only for maximum amount 1000 USD (i.e. accrual amount).

Now I change the setting C to A. Then what will be the impact?

I mean, the check happens when you input the payment amount in the rebate agreement during creation of partial payment order. But already order with 1200 USD is created in our scenario. So do you think this would impact?

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jignesh,

I mean imagine a scenario where before you change the Payment Procedure in Rebate Agreement from C to A, the accrual amount is USD 1000 and Manual payment already done is USD 1200.

I have tested manual payments greater than accruals. The result is ok.

Rebate agreement with accrual 1000 $, payment procedure = A , no restrictions

Created credit memo request, manual partial payment of 1200$

Then changed configuration of payment procedure to C, payment upto accrual

When to payment screen, rebate agreement. Accruals are zero.

VA02, removed block from CMR B3, did billing / credit memo, refund to customer. No problem.

TW