Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send classification data for Vendor

ankit_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to send vendor classification data from source system to target system(there are multiple target system).

I am able to send the details correctly to all of the target system except one.

Idocs is sent successfully from the source system and received and processed successfully in target system.

when I check the classification for the Vendor in target system, I get an information message: No allocations found.

What all can go wrong? what all should I check?

Regards,

Ankit Doshi

9 REPLIES 9

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you certain the classification message is in your distribution model for all destinations?

Are the class and  characteristics maintained in the target system where the classification is missing?

Did you get an IDOC at all? what is its status?

0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes classification message is maintained- I checked it via WE82 in the source system.

Although I don't have authorization in target system to view the Class details completely, I was able to confirm if the required characteristic is present for the class via CL02.

Yes, Idoc was created both in source and target system and in both the systems it was successfully posted.

There is an option to - Ignore distribution lock , while sending the classification data( I have tried with and without that option) still no luck.

Regards,

Ankit

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure what you exactly checked in WE82, I had used BD64 to check my distribution models.

But since you said that you got an inbound Idoc it can be assumed that the distribution model is okay. Which also means that there could not be any distribution lock, otherwise you had no Idoc with the classification.

Have you already checked if there was a posting failure in the receiving system? SM13

0 Kudos

I checked WE82 to see if the message type which is responsible for sending the classification details is correctly maintained or not.

The idoc is successfully posted in the target system without any error, still I checked SM13(not very sure how to use this transaction, I am assuming I would have received an entry for a technical user that processed the idoc in the target system if there were any issue with it)  I did not find any issue in SM13 also.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you look into the detail of this inbound IDoc e.g. via WE02 transaction, can you confirm that it looks exactly equal to an IDoc in the other system where the update happened properly?

Or is there any difference in structure or values?

0 Kudos

it's exactly the same.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then it might be an issue in the target system only, you may test the IDoc again using WE19 and processing it via the function module within.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exactly is the current status of the inbound IDoc in the target system and what does the status message say?

0 Kudos

The idoc in target system is posted successfully.

The idoc contains the Classification data also but when checked via the XK03 transaction , no classification can be seen.