cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIscal Year Variant in AA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Our system had been configured several years ago  with assignment  of FI general ledger fiscal year variant for Asset Accounting ( "Specify other variants on Depreciation area level" Screen ) , though we don't need different Fiscal year variant other then fiscal year variant of the FI general ledger.

Now I got  requirement to create new depreciation area,The above mention setting is not letting me to create the new depreciation area unless I remove the Fiscal year variant in AA. So here is my question is it OK to remove this settings now, am afraid that would this impact in production environment ?

As per below SAP help text, we don't need separate FY Variant for AA, but still i would like hear from SAP experts .

Recommendation

Usually you do not need a different fiscal year variant for Asset Accounting. In that case, you do not need to make any system settings here.

Requirements

You must have already defined an appropriate fiscal year variant.

Standard settings

The depreciation areas in the standard system do not use an FI-AA-specific fiscal year variant. They use the fiscal year variant of the FI general ledger.

Thanks in advance,

RK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should take this up with SAP, not SCN.