cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Drill down on Chart: Not working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to make a drill down chart. Right now my bar chart displays 2 performance columns for each week. However, when I click the week, it doesn't drill down at all. Essentially, I want to click on Week 11/16/2015 then it drills down to another bar chart showing the performance columns for each zone in 11/16/2015 week. From there, I want to click on a particular zone & get another bar chart with performances for each market. Drilling down will get more detail. My attached sample graph will show you what I am looking at.

Total Performances For:

Week Ending-->Zone-->Market

I've tried hiding groups, adding sub reports, and more. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I am new to this, so any help would be great!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie,

Here's how:

crystal report with graph and drilldown | SCN

Or, you can go to Crystal's help (F1) > search for drill down.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Those still do not work. I have tried the recommendations by the moderators on other Q&A. It still doesn't work. Below is what my report currently looks like. I know that it may look messy right now because I'm just trying everything that people have recommended. I don't know what else to do.

I even created a suppress formula (drilldowngrouplevel=0) for each of the 3 group footers.

Is there any way someone can show me a walk through to make a drill down chart? P.S. Going back to my original question--I need at least 3 charts. The first chart shows performance for each week (all weeks shown). Then it will drill down by clicking on one of the weeks to show all the zones & their performance (chart #2). Then it will drill down by clicking on one of the zones to show all the markets in that zone & their performance (chart #3).

I don't want it to drill down to just the numbers on a page. I need charts as well. If I have to create a subreport, then I will do it with guided help. This is very new to me, so I appreciate any help you can provide. 

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie,

Here's how the report should be structured :

1) Insert a group on the Date field and set it to display 'for each week'.

2) The next group should be on the 'zones'

3) And the next one should be on the 'markets'

4) Insert a summary and place it on all group headers/footers

5) Insert the first chart (that displays all weeks) on the Report Header and I guess you've already set this up.

6) Place the 'zone chart' on Group Header 1. Go to the Chart Expert for this chart and set its 'On Change Values' to use the zone field.

Use the following conditional suppression formula for this section:

DrillDownGroupLevel <> 1

7) Place the 'markets' chart on Group Header 2. Go to the Chart Expert and set its 'On Change of Values' to use the markets field.  Also, use this suppression formula for the section :

DrillDownGroupLevel <> 2

Hope this helps.

-Abhilash