Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DM PDF/Word document should be generated and placed in individual folder

former_member230933
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any functionality Each Chapter wise, PDF & Word document should be generated and placed in individual folder

Examaple:- Test 1 Chapter we can view the preview type PDF/Word document it's goes common folder (C:\\Downloads)

Test 2 Chapter we can view the preview type PDF/Word  document it's goes common folder (C:\\Downloads)

But We need Test1 and Test2 preview type file Should be go with different folders

Test 1 Chapter we can view the preview type PDF/Word document it's goes common folder (C:\\ABC)

Test 2 Chapter we can view the preview type PDF/Word  document it's goes common folder (C:\\NFY)

Please give your inputs appreciate here.

Regards

Veera

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Veera,

There is no automatic saving into a folder - such option simply does not exist

You could save it yourself to a specific location. When you run the PDF preview, the option to open / save etc. appears

It's the only workaround I can think of.

Also, I don't really understand the business need of this. Saving local copies is exactly what you do not want. DM holds everything in the DB (including previous revisions), so you always have the most up-to-date information when you generate the preview.

Marc

former_member230933
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks for Briefing.

I have Requirement like below. When Users Save the Chapters(PDF/WORD)

User1 Accessing to Chapter 1. When User1 Click on Preview Type PDF/Word It's goes to Folder Name: C:\\ Desktop\\XYZ(Folder)

User 2 Accessing to Chapter 2. When User2 Click on Preview Type PDF/Word It's goes to Folder Name: C:\\ Desktop\\ABC (Folder)

Note: User1,User2, No Need to be Select the Folder locations for saving the file.It should auto populate for chapter's saved to the folder's locations.

We have any possibility DM Custom Enhancement.or We can Raise OSS Note SAP we can get result from SAP Support.

Regards

Veera

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Veera

I think you can raise this as an enhancement request: https://ideas.sap.com/SAPDisclosureManagement

Regards,

Marc

former_member230933
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks....

I have to be create the incident OSS Note.

Regards

Veera