cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time dependent characteristics in equipment management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I saw in the customization an option to set certain fields for time dependent management.

In this way every change in those fields is written down in the EQUZ table. It seems like a LOG mechanism because i didn't find a way

to change the time slots, so if some user had a mistake, he cannot overwrite the time slots.

For example if i want to manage a history of installations in functional locations for a certain equipment, if it installed on the 01.01.2015 - I cannot delete it...

Is there a way to manage the information like a time dependent info type in HR?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anjaneya_bhardwaj2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming  you want to record changes to equipment.

Note: This answer is not new as it has already been discussed many times.

a) Are you looking for information that when the equipment was installed or removed or where it was used.This information can be found using Usage history (configuration for usage history).But Usage history is the detail for usage of equipment.

b) If you want to see the change log for master data fields which are not part of Usage History , you can activate the change document for those fields (normal procedure).

So in summary (either usage history or change documents) .

I am not aware of any options to delete the usage history once create , The basic configuration has the option to make a new entry into usage list depending on equipment category and set of fields.

Anjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick answer ,

Unfortunately as i wrote the usage history and the change documents doesn't help me because they don't have a "reverse" functionality (suppose the user had a mistake in the installation details and he wants to reverse his operation - the wrong information is recorded)

Is there any way to connect the equipment object to the HR module and store the info there (like O ,S ,P and ect ) ?

anjaneya_bhardwaj2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Boris ,

a)  I do not know about  connecting the equipment Object usage history  to HR module .

b) We do not have time dependency for Equipment , though we have the concept of Valid from date meaning when to when this particular installation valid. As soon as the equipment is installed somewhere else the validity changes.            

c)  The installation date recording is mere a history of actual installation I do not see  a point in changing the history .

I would like to ask few questions .

a) Installation is being done through a service Order Operation right , are we talking the reversing that operation as the labor is captured at service order operation not at Equipment  usage ?

b) Are we saying that Installation date is wrong, because I do not see a way it can become wrong ?

Anjan

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Boris

I am not sure whether this helps but transaction IEQCM1 can be used to change the Equipment history. This should be done very carefully in order not to cause inconsistencies. With it you can recover/change the installation/dismantling information of an equipment record. Check the following help:

Changing an Equipment History - SAP Library

About linking the HR Objects to Equipment - Have you checked the partner functionality? Partners can be assigned to Equipment.

Regards

Savas

Answers (0)