Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Cubes not being created after Installation and restore

former_member409271
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have installed BPC 10.1 MS SP 3 on our dev server.

Note : Installed SQL 2014 and the rest of the Pre Requisite software. On a multi server environment. The installation went through fine without any errors.

I Then restored my Environment via Server manager and everything went through fine (no errors).

I Then tried to process the dimensions in my environment and got the usual error on ID ..... I checked the error on AppServer DB and it said no Dimensions in my cube. I then checked SSAS and found that the BPC Cubes including all dimensions had not been created. I tried to restore environment again thinking something was corrupt the first time, but the cubes does not get created on SSAS whenever I restore even though I get no errors and OLAP creation says successful on the restore.

Any Idea why this would happen? and a solution?

Kind Regards

Aadil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member409271
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

This has been resolved.

SSAS was installed with the option of tabular mode. Reinstalling SSAS with multidimensional mode resolved the issue.

Regards

Aadil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member244885
Participant
0 Kudos
former_member409271
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jon

Thanks for the reply.

I checked and my SysAdmin account (account I used to install BPC) has full Administrator rights and roles on SQL.

I still have the issue after removing the account and adding it back.

Regards

Aadil

former_member244885
Participant
0 Kudos

Permissions in Analysis Services are different from those for the SQL Server Service.

former_member409271
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, my SysAdmin account is a server administrator on SSAS too

Regards

Aadil