Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install S4hana syetem

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have planed to install S4HANA in our environment,cloud you please let me know the process of the S4HANA installation, as of i know  the below steps,

Need to install:

• NW7.40 / ECC6.0 / EHP7 on HANA
  • SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition 1503 (which is technically an add-on to ECC6.0)
  • SAP HANA Live for SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition
  • SAP Fiori for SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition
  • SAP Smart Business for SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition

Is this correct. i got the information from the SCN link S4/HANA new Installation | SCN

Please let me know the correct installation process.

Best regards.

Jana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Wagnerfr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jana,

just wanted to add that from November 2015 there are two flavors of SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition available:

1. SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition 1503

2. SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511 (see blog post from Sven or my new post http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-68976).

SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition 1503 is the one with the application simplification in FIN area (based on EHP7). SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511 is the one which includes application simplification in FIN and LOG. Here you go to 1511 from any EHP to S/4.

Kind Regards,

Frank

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Frank,

Thank you very much for your response.

SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition available 1511 now.If it is available please let me know the process installation steps.

I need install ECC on HANA and need to install add-on like before.

Best regards

Jana

Wagnerfr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jana,

the installation steps are described in the SUM for S4 HANA on-premise 1511 document which can be accessed based on the blog I mentioned above for 1511.

Short: If yo are on SAp ERP 6.0 (EHPxx) and Unicode you can go in a one-step procedure to SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511. In this version S4 HANA can not be considered as add-on.

Kind Regards,

Frank

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thank you for the response.

As you mentioned before one-step procedure to SAP S/4HANA, please let me know the one step what is that, we are on ECC6 EHP7 on HANA, as of now we have an 1503 version available in our Service market place.Please let me know when i expect 1511 version.

Please mention both installation and configuration steps for both 1503 and 1511.that is great help for me.

Best regards

JANA

Wagnerfr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jana,

as one-step procedure is a technical lifecycle procedure combining several steps within one downtime. For example combining database migration and installing additional software in one step.

For SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511 it is possible to combine the installation of the S4 software and the database migration in one step. For a customer on ECC6.0 (on any EHP) and SAP HANA, it is anyway just the intallation of the software for SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511.

Regarding sFIN / SAP Simple Finance 1503 I can not give you the detailed information source accordingly please have a look in the sFIN documentation: SAP Simple Finance, On-Premise Edition – SAP Help Portal Page

Regarding SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511:

- 1511 is released and the software is available on Service Marketplace

- Additional information regarding installation and configuration can be found here: SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition – SAP Help Portal Page

Kind Regards,

Frank

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thank you again.

After installation software for SAP S/4HANA on ECC6 EHP7 is there any Post activities and how will check S4HANA is actively working or not.

Best Regards

Jana