cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW 7.4 -> How to load data from non-SAP source systems?

jensheger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello BW experts,

we are using a SAP BW 7.4 System and are loading data from SAP and non-SAP source systems. Until now we used 7.x datasources (RSDS) for loading data from SAP source systems and 3.x datasources (ISFS) fro the non-SAP source systems.

Since we upgrated to SAP BW 7.4 it is no longer possible to create new 3.x datasources. Unfortunately, the 7.x datasources (RSDS) can not be used for loading data from non-SAP source Systems. When I try to create a 7.x datasource for the non-SAP source system the following error message occurs:

DataSource MITEST(nonSAP-SourceSystem): Object type RSDS not supported in BAPI source system

What is the recommended way to load in BW 7.4 data from non-SAP systems?

Is it possible to create old BW 3.x datasources in BW 7.4?

Thank you very much!

Jens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jensheger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recieved an answer of the SAP Support.

For using BW7.X-datasources the BAPI BAPI_DSOURCE_IS_SUPPORTED must be implemented in the 3rd party system.

Click here for more informations:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31650

To solve my actual Problem I will use Sanders suggestion and reactivate the obsolete BW3.x DataSources.

Thank you very much!

Jens

ashok_oleti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

It would mean a world if you could please let me know the details and the exact steps you performed to resolve this issue.

We are on BW on HANA 7.5 SP1 system and need to use Informatica PowerExchange 10 to load non SAP data into BW on HANA system. We ran into exactly the same problem - System does not let us create a Informatica type DataSource with same error.

DataSource <ZINFA_ETL_TEST>(<Informatica>): Object type RSDS not supported in BAPI source system

Thanks

Ashok

jensheger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

that is not an easy issue. To gain a quick solution i used an old BW3.x-Datasource. To use them you have to unhide the obsolete functions in the Data Warehousing Workbench. Look at Sander van Willigens reply to my original post.

If you really want to use BW7.x-DataSources your source system has to support them.

In our non-SAP Source System (Software AG webMethods) we had to implement the BAPI BAPI_DSOURCE_IS_SUPPORTED as suggested in the SAP interface document (Page 15): http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31650

If you cannot implment the needed functions in the source system by yourself you should contact the support of Informatica.

As this is not a SAP BW issue but a source system problem it may take some time to resolve it. Maybe the workaround with old BW3.5 datasources is more helpful for the moment.

Regards,

Jens

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

There is a way to create the obsolete 3.x DataSources. The default setting hides all obsolete functions for which a newer technology is available.

You can deactivate the default setting in Customizing:

SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse > General Settings > Show obsolete Functions of Data Warehousing Workbench

T/code: RSCUSTV32

As an alternative for ETL using the data staging BAPI, you could evaluate Data Services (BODS). It can work with 7.0 DataSources and is a more future-proof approach.

Best regards,

Sander

jensheger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

thank you for your reply. File DS work fine. I already use them to load data from several CSV-files.

According to the "check"-function in RSA1 the connection to the non SAP source is ok.

Regards,

Jens

jensheger
Explorer
0 Kudos

No Ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

I don't use BW 7.4 and only know SAP and FILE source systems...

Coming from that, have you checked the "source system connection" in RSA1 for your "non SAP Source"? Is it ok?

Have you tried creating a File DS already? In 7.31 it is automatically 7.x DS.

... no more ideas 😞

BR, Martin