cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSCM External Credit Information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking to setup Credit Management so that Business Partners are updated with credit information from a credit reference agency.  I can see two transactions in the SAP Menu: UKM_MASS_UPD1 - External Credit Information and UKM_MONITOR - Update Entries for Ext. Credit Info.

I understand that BAdI UKM_CREDIT_INFO needs to be implemented.  I am, however, a little confused as to what the difference is between these two transactions, their associated programs and the PI message types that are used.  They both seem to update Business Partners with external credit information.

From what I have read, when executing UKM_MASS_UPD1 method FILL_QUERY in BAdI UKM_CREDIT_INFO should be used and the PI message types used are CreditAgencyReportQuery (structures the message for requesting credit information) and CreditAgencyReportResponse (structures the response message that contains the required credit information).

When executing UKM_MONITOR, however, method MONITOR_FILL_QUERY in the BAdI UKM_CREDIT_INFO should be used and the PI message types used are CreditAgencyMonitorQuery (structures the message for requesting external credit monitoring information) and CreditAgencyMonitorResponse (structures the response message with the required information).

Would anyone be able to offer guidance on the difference between the two transactions (UKM_MASS_UPD1 versus UKM_MONITOR) and which of the Methods should be used along with which PI message types should be utilised?

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member199199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Niall,

Looking at the post it seems that you are trying to capture the external credit reporting bodies' rating against a BP(customer or organisation) and use your own formula to calculate the overall credit management score and hence risk class.

I would suggest go for another option that we have implemented. I would assume you have created a rating procedure to store the rating of external agency. So, whenever you get such rating you should update that in standard table BP1012 by calling standard FM. And, after that periodically you will have to execute the transaction UKM_MASS_UPD2 to refresh credit management score. The transaction essentially calls the formula that is configured against the rating procedure which has been maintained with the BP (table UKMBP_CMS). The formula would then consider the rating to calculate the overall credit management score.

Now, fetching the score from external agency can happen automatically or as a response against any request mechanism from your system. So for that you'll have to confgure PI to send and receive XML from external agency.

Let me know how you go.

Thanks

Bodhisattwa

former_member849134
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

It was very helpfull