Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DM Chapters Wise User Access

former_member230933
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have a requirement have different chapters in DM as shown in the below screenshot.Our requirement is that different chapters should be assigned to different users. For Example User A must be able to access only the chapters 1 and 2 only

user B must be able to access the chapters 3 and 4 in the same way user C must be able to access 5 and 6 chapters only.

Note:- User A Access only 1 to 2 only (Should not be able access Other Chapters)

User B Access only 3 to 4 only (Should not be able access Other Chapters)

User B Access only 5 to 6 only (Should not be able access Other Chapters)

Please help me to achive this requirement in DM..

Regards

Veera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Veera,

This you can achieve with 'local permissions"

I will give an example

1. You have a report with 2 chapters

2. On the chapter, go to the "Permissions" tab and click on "break inheritance"

3. Then, click on "Add" to add another user and give them specific permissions for this chapter

In the example, I add "User2" and give him Standard Read-only", which is a 'view' only permissions

4. In the local permission screen, you can now see that User2 has this permission on this particular Period/Report/Chapter

5. The result is that when User2 connects to this report, he gets a message when he tries to edit the chapter

Note: the tree view with all the chapters is not affected, DM will show all the chapters,but warn you if you try to perform an action to which you have no permission

Best regards,

Marc

former_member213777
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you for nice and helpful answers.

I did struggle doing above in SAP Disclosure Management 10.1. But adding local permissions on the report or chapter level will only work succesfully if the user in advance has been assigned a global permission role named 'local permission'. This role is not visible from where you create roles. It's only visible when doing the assignments of global permissions.

So bear in mind to assign the 'local permission' role to the user globally before adding your local permissions on the report level. So the scenario described by Mark will work only after this has been done.

The screen dump shows user 'test' being assigned the global role 'local permission' to 'Any entity'. After this has been done you can go to a report or a chapter adding local permissions to the user.

Regards,

Mikkel

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mikkel

Yes, you are right - and indeed this is not very clear in the system

The area of permissions has been changed quite a bit lately (and from 10.0 to 10.1 it changed drastically) - there is still room for some improvement

Marc

former_member213777
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Answers (0)