cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebate agreement - multiple partial settlements

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created rebate agreements and rebate conditions that are being correctly calculated in multiple customer billing documents.

The agreement is of a duration of 9 months.  I have created a settlement calendar where the settlement date is the end of each month.

I have generated a partial settlement for month 1, and it correctly creates a credit memo request that has the totals for all relevant billing documents.  I then created the credit memo and posted it to accounting.  All is good so far.

When I perform another partial settlement,  in VB(7, for the next month end settlement date, it creates a credit memo request for the items that were on the credit memo from the first month.  I was expecting that it would exclude those.  The status of the agreement is still open.  I believe I have not performed a step to cause the condition records to indicate they have been settled.  Please advise what I may have missed.  I do not wish to have to create monthly rebate agreements.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wade,

Please explain credit memo from the first month.

After the partial settlement done in the first month, the accruals should reduce. And the settlement for next (second) month will take the accruals that are build up. In this, what are you referring to as credit memo from the first month?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

TW,

You are correct.  I was expecting the accruals previously posted to reduce the amount of subsequent settlements.  What was occurring is that the CM gave the full value again.

I believe I have found the problem.  In  VB(2, the payment procedure setting (under Manual Payment) I had set to A -Payment allowed up to the accruals value.  I changed this setting to B -Payment allowed up to the value of the pro forma settlement.

This seems to have resolved the issue.

When I settle an agreement, and then immediately run another settlement the system does not produce a 2nd credit memo request.  Before the change, a 2nd identical CMR would be generated.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wade,

This is interesting! Please explain in more detail

1. Accruals = 50 Euros

2. Settlement CMR created automatically, amount 50 Euros

3. Billing block removed, and credit memo created, accounting document created

4. In rebate agreement, the accruals now are 50 - 50 = 0 Euros

5. Sale happening and accruals get accumulated, accruals = 20 Euros

6. Partial settlement for second month done, what is the amount in CMR?

Thanks!

TW