cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PermissionControlException when creating PCD objects using the portal API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a portal application I'm using the portal API to create PCD objects (worksets, pages, iViews) in an own PCD folder. The portal application uses a special user which has the necessary permission to create the PCD objects in this folder. This is working properly in my development portal but similar scenarios fail in some customer portals. The PCD objects can't be created and the error message "com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PermissionControlException: Access denied (Object(s): com.sap.portal.system/gpal_hidden_content/gpar/com.sap.portal.pagebuilder/pageBuilder)" is written to the portal logs.

com.sap.portal.pagebuilder is a standard portal application. I didn't need to set any permissions to it on my development portal. But even when adding permissions for the used application user in customer portals the exception remains.

Creating the PCD objects works properly even in customer portals when using an Administrator user in the portal application. So it really seems to be an permission issue.

Does anybody have an idea what the "Access denied" message really means or which permissions are missing or how to find out which permissions could be missing?

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189925
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

Can you please refer to the below KBA and follow the steps given under resolution section of it. It also

deals with Troubleshooting the "Access Denied" Message in the Portal

1706907 - Portal Runtime Error while accessing a portal object or a portal application at runtime due to PermissionControlException

Please review the SAP Knowledge Base Article (KBA) provided in this reply. We would appreciate your feedback on the same. You can provide this via the Overall Rating at the top right corner of the KBA. Click on the stars to provide your feedback.

Regards

Santarshi Samanta