Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send custom Data from ECC to HCI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to send custom data from ECC to HCI.

In PI it would have been pretty straight forward with ESR, outbound proxy and a abap report to send the information to PI end point.

Since it is HCI, it is just like any external system. (for me atleast)

What i did?

Step1. I created a z data structure and an RFC in ECC to send this information by reading customer in import and exporting this custom data in tables.

Step2. Created a web service for this RFC and gave the WSDL to HCI.

Step3. Create a Service consumer and a report to call it and was hoping to see something in message monitoring. (nothing happened)

Is my approach not right or too complex.

If there is any easier way to send data to HCI so that it can relay to Cloud.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Narottam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narottam, Create a WSDL either in SAP PI or using any external tool. In ECC, go to SE80 open the package and under Enterprise services, select Service consumer and r'click to create a consumer proxy either selecting ESR(if PI) else use 'external Wsdl'. If using the latter option, the wsdl has to be uploaded manually and follow the wizard to complete the consumer generation. Then go to SOAMANAGER in ECC , select consumer proxy and complete the logical port setup where you provide the HCI endpoint details. Build your HCI service also based on the same WSDL. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks, Harish

8 REPLIES 8

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narottam

What you did in Step 1 and 2 is to create a service provider in your ECC system - it can only be used to receive into your ECC system and not to send out.

If the HCI system has access to PI, you can define a service interface in PI ESR and import it into an HCI iFlow. After building and deploying the HCI iFlow, you can download the WSDL from it and use it to generate a consumer proxy in ECC. The WSDL will also contain the SOAP endpoint to call HCI.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Eng,

I checked with my HCI guy and he says unlike in PI he cannot create new service interface in HCI. (ESR)

If this is not true can you please guide us how to create this ESR in HCI tenant and get the outbound proxy generated in ECC so as it can be used in a report to send data from ECC.

(i remember this was pretty simple in PI world - create RFC, give it to PI, an outbound proxy is generated which can be used to push data outside of ECC to PI)

For now we have generated a custom Idoc and are trying to send data through a HTTP port connection to HCI.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Best,

Narottam

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narottam

Your landscape is a bit unclear. Do you have both HCI and PI in your landscape or just HCI?

If you have both, then the service interface can be created in PI ESR and imported into HCI - refer blog below on how to import.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

We have just HCI in landscape, data flow ECC<>HCI<>C4C.

I will have my HCI person refer to the above blog.

Thanks,

Narottam

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, if you don't have PI in the landscape, the WSDL has to be created with an external tool then, as mentioned by Harish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narottam, Create a WSDL either in SAP PI or using any external tool. In ECC, go to SE80 open the package and under Enterprise services, select Service consumer and r'click to create a consumer proxy either selecting ESR(if PI) else use 'external Wsdl'. If using the latter option, the wsdl has to be uploaded manually and follow the wizard to complete the consumer generation. Then go to SOAMANAGER in ECC , select consumer proxy and complete the logical port setup where you provide the HCI endpoint details. Build your HCI service also based on the same WSDL. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks, Harish

0 Kudos

Thanks Harish,

I will follow the above steps mentioned by you and update if successful.

Best,

Narottam

0 Kudos

Hi Narottam, hi Harish,

Did you manager to build the scenario successfully? I have the same situation ( ECC->HCI->S/4HANA ) but it doesn't seem to work. I have created the ABAP proxy, called it in my own Z program, configured the logical port with the HCI endpoint details and the HCI integration flow. When I test it from SOAPUI everything works perfect, but when I execute the report from ECC nothing happens. I cannot see any message in the ECC monitoring but the logs and traces messages are all successful. But no entry in HCI message monitoring...

Considering that it is an asynchronous scenario through WS RM protocol I also tried with a COMMIT WORK after the proxy call, but then a dump with exception CX_SOAP_SEQ_SCD_ERROR   occurs.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

Many thanks for your input in advance!

Andreea