cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identity or configure or reconfigure connection between SAP ECC box and MDG box?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am working on MDG 8.0 financial implementation now and prior to that I had experience working in MDG 7.0 as well.

When I was in MDG 7.0 as a functional resource, I'd learned that some feature and functionality in MDG is driven from FICO SRPO configuration. for example, if a cash GL account configured in SAP ECC box requires bank related field input and it behaves the same in MDG as a Cash GL account is being created. That is great. Other example I can tell is that some reference data such as functional area used in Cost Center master is also dynamically fetched into MDG from its connected SAP ECC box. that is also great!

So here is my question to you all.  I don't know how this connection or asking mechanism (MDG and ECC or MDG is asking ECC) is built in MDG. How can I positively identify it? If I wanted to make a switch, how can I do that?

Please advise,

Luo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to mention one point that this connection or asking ECC mechanism seems to be independent of MDG-F data replication function. Prior to Data Replication, the ability to ask ECC mechanism had been working. 

raghu3
Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raguram. So for some of those validation said in the document, they are using FICO configuration and configuration varies client by client. So how do I get to know what in which client configuration parameters and values are used to perform validation? I am not happy  with current configuration parameters in SAP client A and I am happy with configuration parameter in SAP client B and I wanted the validation to be performed against SAP client B, how can I make a switch from A to B?

Thanks,

Luo

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luo,

since MDG always runs on top of an ECC system due to its software stack, MDG-F uses the customizing of the current system.

In general MDG assumes that the customizing of its ECC is setup correctly and exactly according to the needs of the master data. This is valid for ALL MDG domains.

In your examply, you have actually an issue with the setup of your system. If you use MDG to maintain the data, you have to make sure that the customizing is valid, correct and exactly as needed for the master data. You have to adjust the customizing that you do not like accordingly.

Best regards

Michael

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luo,

I agree with Michael.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I understand but I would like to have a bit more information from you so that I can take action better. Here is our MDG/ECC environment setup. We have a MDG hub box. This box is separate from ECC sandbox. In MDG hub box, there is a MDG package and ECC package. I wanted MDG in MDG Hub box to look for customizing data in ECC sandbox. but now it is looking for customizing data in ECC package in MDG hub box and I need to fix it according to you. If I intend to refresh ECC customizing data in MDG Hub box using ECC sandbox customizing data, will the problem go away? My last question to you is that going forward, if I made some customizing data changes in ECC sandbox, would the changes automatically reflect on MDG Hub box?

Thanks,

LUO

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luo,

MDG is not responsible for customizing data. This is not master data at all (that's the MD in MDG).

Setting up a system correctly including its customizing has to be done before you actually start using the system. It doesn't matter if your system is of type ECC, MDG, CRM, SRM, or different. When setting up your MDG system, you have to do this in the same approach as you would have done it for different system types. In addition you have to keep in mind that MDG might replicate data to other systems, too. This means that it might be necessary that MDG needs to be aware of specific customizing settings of other systems, too. Considering data replication, this task can be fulfilled by value mapping.

Anyways, I cannot give you any recommendation since I'm not aware of your approach of setting up systems.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael - Thank you for your response.