cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UoM - Weight and Volume display in the Transportation Cockpit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We are implementing a single instance of SAP TM for a global company.

For users in Europe, the weight and volume UoM displayed in the Transportation Cockpit needs to be KG and M3.

For users in the US, the weight and volume UoM displayed in the Transportation Cockpit needs to be LB and FT3.

As I understand it, the UoM for these dimensions is determined based on the UoM maintained in the Freight Unit Building Rule.

So my question is, is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Stan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Stan,

the greatest and most suitable solution for this problem would be to have a field in the page layout for the Cockpit in the requirements area that allows setting the UoM for weight and volume in the Cockpit. This possibility does not exist in 9.1.

As long as you do not have it, I see two ways:

1. create different freight unit types for Europe and the US and set the relevant Default UoMs in the FU type. The Problem about this solution is that the freight unit might start in Europe and end up in the US, so People who treat the arrival of those FUs in Europe would still see KG and not LB. If these intercontinental movements are rare, it is still worth considering as it is 100% Standard.

2. enhance the Cockpit with 2 more fields (uom_us_weight, uom_us_volume). How to do it is described on page 227 in the enhancement guide for TM. But, you will have to maintain the conversion in the product master and do the calculation when calling the cockpit (development). This is possible within an enhancement. we have also enhanced our Cockpit with new fields. Once you have the two fields, you can create a view and a layout for the US and Europe. On the European view, you Display the normal fields for UoM whilst you display the new fields on the US view.

Views can be assigned to layouts if you access the cockpit in the config mode (SE84). Dragos has an excellent description how you do this in SCN.

Hope this helps and hope that SAP may include this feature in the page layout one day as it is a legitimite requirement, especially for big customers.

Regards

Petra

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Petra solution for point 2

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

Thank you for your advice. I hope you are doing well.

Stan

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Stan,

thx I am fine. I am glad you found my answer useful.

regards

Petra