cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create iView in EP 7.4 from webdynpro java applications; Broken Delta link error

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing the following issue while creating WD Pages from webdynpro java application. The steps that I am taking are as follows:

1. Content Admin->Web Dynpro Java Applications->selected the desired application->selected the desired component

2. Copy

3. Go to desired PCD location, and select option "Paste as PCD object".

This is the suggested way of creating PCD objects from deployed webdynpro java applications, and was working for me till a few days back.

When I now follow the same process, for a different application component, I get the following error:

com.sap.portal.gpal.api.GpalProvider.doSpecificOperation

[EXCEPTION]

com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.InvalidDeltaLinkTargetException: Invalid delta link target. Target must be a unit.

Full exception is in attached text file.

I have tried searching for something similar however, have not been able to find anything helpful.

Portal version: 7.4

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Rohit Singhal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Instead of the WD Java Advanced Claims application I am now using WD ABAP application for Advanced Claims approval. Thereby bypassing the above issue.

Best Regards,

Rohit Singhal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Further to this, I tried creating the iview in another landscape and was able to do so.

When I tried importing the iview from this system to the system where I am getting the above stated issue, I get the following error:

Import failed.

[XfsContext.getChildAtomicName] Object is not unit internal: THIS SHOULD NEVER OCCUR!! Occured at "portal_content/com.sap.pct_0/iView/ClaimAdvanceApproval_IN" for child "com.sap.portal.pcd.gl.xfs.dl.Modif".

Object ID: pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct_0/iView/ClaimAdvanceApproval_IN

Transport File: /usr/sap/EPD/J00/j2ee/temp/pcd/transport/IMPORT-1120_110454_763_59bf672385f2f322/EPT/claimadvanceapproval_in.ept

Original exception:

com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PcdNamingException: [XfsContext.getChildAtomicName] Object is not unit internal: THIS SHOULD NEVER OCCUR!! Occured at "portal_content/com.sap.pct_0/iView/ClaimAdvanceApproval_IN" for child "com.sap.portal.pcd.gl.xfs.dl.Modif".

at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.xfs.XfsContext.getChildAtomicName(XfsContext.java:579)

at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.xfs.XfsContext.getChildAtomicName(XfsContext.java:452)

at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.xfs.XfsDeltaLink.(XfsDeltaLink.java:186)

Could you please shed some light on how to go about resolving the issue.

Best Regards,

Rohit Singhal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Are you using FPN landscape and using RDL to copy the content?

Best regards,

Etay

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Etay,

No, we are not using FPN.

The Webdynpro Applications are the standard applications available in SAP_ESS SCA.

Best Regards,

Rohit Singhal