SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Examination repetition attempts, assessments and assessment processes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear forum,

Please can you help regarding the following scenario for examination repetition attempts:

Setup is as follows:

Exam is an assessment (CE) with a scheduled assessment, and an associated assessment process for each student that has booked the module. Appraisal is as per screenshot below:

!http://scn.sap.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/833502/Capture.JPG|alt=Capture.JPG|class=jive-i...!

• Assessment process is set to "complete process unsuccessfully"
  • Create a new scheduled assessment to depict the retake of the exam (different date, location and room for example)
  • From the new scheduled assessment, go to assessment processes. There are no expected processes or actual assessment processes (this is because the student has not made a new module booking and already went through this process for the first exam attempt - this is important, the student is not rebooking the module, but merely resitting the final exam)
  • Open an assessment process manually and put the student onto the process
  • This is counted and shown as attempt #2 (as indicated in the data of the new assessment process) – I have not clicked create repetition attempt !
At this point, in the module appraisal, I do not see a new attempt record at the level of the final module exam appraisal
    1. If I try to create a repetition attempt in the assessment process it does not allow me as a process already exists

If I skip steps 3 to 7 and go straight to 8, the creation of the repetition attempt works, and the second attempt is reflected in the assessment process screen. Also a second attempt record appears in the module appraisal at the final module exam level waiting to be graded. Once I grade it (assume pass for the second attempt), and complete the appraisal, the assessment process shows everything as being OK. I can leave it open, as we had discussed in our sessions. Our student has completed the module successfully

PROBLEMS:

A. The creation of the repetition attempt and the generation of a new clean attempt record in the module appraisal only works if I <span style="text-decoration: underline;">do not create</span> a new scheduled assessment for the exam retake. I am sure the customer will want to create a new scheduled assessment to reflect the retake date, time and location. How do we get round this problem?

B. On the exam assessment object (CE) I have defined that only one repetition is allowed (for the examination , not the module). In the Edit Assessment process transaction it allows me to create as many repetition attempts as I wish with no error or warning. Do you know if there is any customizing that needs to be done for this to work? I was expecting it to work as standard.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appraisal template screenshot did not make it through

dirk_pape3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I cannot follow the whole description, since the numbering is messed (e. g. there is no No. 8 at least not on my browser).

Regarding your problems A and B.

A) Showing an expected process should not be dependent on whether a new scheduled assessment has been created or not. Can it be, that while jumping from PIQEXAM to the processes (PIQEVALREGM) you get a filter at the top the screen set to the schedules assessment and so you do not see the new process, because it is still without a scheduled assessment and hence filtered out?

B) The repetition type at module or assessment level a.f.a.i.k. is only descriptive. You can set it but is has no semantics unless you provide one. E. g. you can use an implementation for BAdI HRPIQ00EVOB_REGCHECK to prohibit the creation of an n-th assessment process on the CE for the same student. If you do, be aware that cancelled processes receive an attempt no. as well and have to be filtered.

Dirk