Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between AO 2.1SP3 and AO2.2 in terms of bugs fixed

joost_peeters2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are currently using Analysis for Office 2.1 SP2 but are facing several problems with this version. So we want to upgrade to the newest release as soon as it's available.

I've heard from other people on this forum who've gotten their hands on a pre-release version of SP3 that several problems are fixed with this version.

However, AO 2.2 is also coming out (already this week according to note 1518359), so I wanted to find out whether the bugs that are fixed in AO 2.1 SP3 are also fixed in AO 2.2 SP0.

I haven't been able to find any information on that and was wondering if anyone has some more information or insights on this?

Thanks,

Joost

PS: Dear SAP, from a psychological point of view, I would prefer if you would indicate in your release schedule 'planned for CW48' and then release it on Monday instead of 'planned for CW47' and then keep us waiting till Friday evening to actually release it. But maybe that's just me 🙂

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member198454
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the post, Joost. We are waiting for 2.1 SP3 but am also interested what 2.2 will provide.

We have been waiting to build our production installation package so would love to know what SAP's recommendation is on which one to proceed with.

Kind regards,

Lynn

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

I think we will bring 2.1 SP3 to live usage and 2.2 will go in a longer testing period after my experiences with 2.1 SP1 / 2.

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

There are some features from 2.1 SP3 - like force logon promt in SSO environment - which are not included with 2.2 up to now. I will wait for the next version perfore testing in deep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are still on 1.4.10 and next roll-out version to our users will be 1.4.14, I think.

All 2.x versions are too buggy and each time bugs are removed, new bugs are implemented.

SAP should concentrate more on regression tests than on bringing new features which don't work properly or cause solved bugs from earlier versions to re-occur.

Just my 2 cents...

Martin

mhf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Same here.. 2.1 SP2 not stable, eagerly waiting for 2.1 SP3

stephen_hobbs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

In 2.1.3 the ability to reset passwords to Netweaver (BW) is fixed. So is the issue with closing Excel down (unable to close Excel if you close the workbook and not the whole application).

How these two fairly major and obvious bugs were allowed to go out in a GA relases amazes me!

I'm not sure what other issues are out there but for me 2.1 is not a stable version for GA...

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

the same for us.

We wait for SP3 to come out soon, planning is still so buggi.

0 Kudos

Joost, same questions and concerns here.... Hoping for some clarification.

BTW, tried to enroll for the early adopters program for AFO, but never got through.