cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB6 Application needs to view a Crystal 2013 report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a VB6 application, and I have created a report using Crystal 2013. I need to run the report from withing the application. I have a VB form with the CrystalActiveXViewer control on it. What is the VB code to get in the report name, etc., and then view it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version is your CrystalActiveXViewer control?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Right. You are not licensed to use that DLL...

The last DLL of that name that was licensed for external use was 11.5 - long since retired.

Version 14 is only installed and sued for internal purposes.

In other words. If you want to use VB 6 best you can do is use Crystal Reports 11.5 (also refered to as XI R2). SAP dos not sell it anymore (as far as I know) as it has been retired about three years ago. But if you google for it, you may find a place that will still sell it to you (ebay, amazon, etc).

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. That DLL came with a 30 day trial version of Crystal Reports 2013 sent to me by SAP.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Like I said. It is used for internal purposes. You are not licensed to use this particular DLL in application development. Even if you decided to go against the licensing, you'd never be able to deploy that app as there is no MSM or MSI files available for this.

As a matter of fact, there is no SDK installed by CR 2013 that can be used in app development. Current SDKs are; CR for Eclipse (Java):

SAP BusinessObjects - SAP Crystal Reports, Version For Eclipse Download

For .NET use:

SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET

- Ludek

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again. I won't be deploying anything with that viewer. I have no current need to do so.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still, the licensing applies... If you want to double check my answers re licensing, perhaps you may want to discuss the licensing issue with sales; 866-681-3435 or 1-800-677-7271

Worldwide Office Locations | SAP

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

My first contact was with sales who sent me a free 30-day trial of Crystal 2013 so I could see if it would work for what I was trying. The answer is no, so I have no use for it and no longer have it installed. Thanks again.

Answers (0)