cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPM1 Incorrect valuation of capital interest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We have an issue when executing valuation tpm1 in TRM of an interco Facilitys product. Other products like Intercompany loans are working fine.

We are able to valuate the initial investment, but not the cap. interest. I have check the customizing several times and seems nothing wrong..

for example i have set the effects of the update type on the position components , i have inform the update type, my case:

MM1152+  with 1010 Post Negative Purchase Value

MM1152-  with 1011 Post Purchase Value

exactly the same as the update type that the others products in my company (interco loans for instance)

MM1150+                                                         1010Post Negative Purchase Value
MM1150-                                                         1011Post Purchase Value

Its like does not recognice the nominal amount in position currency and just value the amount excluding cost . I will show you an example enclosed in a screen shoot for your reference.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Gustavo_Vazquez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

Have you run TPM1 with "Year End Valuation" ?

What is the Key Date ? 01.02.2015 ?

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gustavo

I run TPM1 with  3 Mid year valuation without reset,  and key date, 31.01.2015

regards

Gustavo_Vazquez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe thats the answer.

As you valuated your transaction without reset, it will consider the last valuation as your new value. Reverse the valuation for that transaction with TPM2 and run TPM1 again with reset.

Check if values matches.

Kind Regards

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make the customization changes in system. Please use Position change category as 1015

Regards,

Jain

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

is this resolve your issue?

Regards,

Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

iam testing, you meant to change both?

MM1152+  and

MM1152-

i will let you know as soon as i finished

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again Jain,

I am afraid its not correct, if you can see the screenshot i am valuating at 28.02.2015, and suppose to take for valuation all accumulated up to that date (interest from 2014 + Jan 2015) and it´s taken the nominal  + February total  4.506.778,19

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

Please check your customizing in Define Position management procedure. For the relevant PMP scroll completely down, you will see the field Valuation Base. by default the valuation selected in Book Value. If you want you valuation base to Nominal Value select it appropriately and test again. I suggest you test on a new transaction to see the effect.

Regards,

nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again

I am sorry Nikhil, but  can not find the scerren in my customizing. in Define Position management procedure 2500 Money market

An when i go to my procedure : can ot find any "valuation base"

thanks..

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julio,

what Nikil has advise that option is available in S4 system. I have check EHP-5 but i couldnt find the option.

I can see the option available in SimpleFInance system.

Regards,

Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok..so any advise in how can keep going

thanks very much

Answers (0)