cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to create Quality Level in Quality Characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are mass migrating the Inspection plans to a different landscape, and I have so far migrated the inspection plans successfully,

However, I am having issues with migrating of the Q-Levels on Characteristics .

Interestingly when the Dynamic Modification on the task header is  3 (on the characteristic level ) other than without "skipped lots", the Quality Levels are migrated. However, when the combination of Dynamic modification rule 3 with "skip Lots", they don't migrate over.

Does that mean anytime the task header has "skip lot" they NEVER get migrated? I don't believe so..

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayoub,

Yes sir, we have tried everything.  Infact, it works for plant 1 successfully for with the combination of Dynamic Modifciation at Char. Level and Modification rule = 10 skips and 1 inspect. However for another plant 2, when the Combination of Dynamic Modification at Char level and Modifiication Rule = 000 ( skip all) it fails, (in the sense, it never creates Q Level)

But interestingly the source database has the Q-Levels posted for plant 2, with the combination of Dynamic Modification at Char level and Modification rule = 000 (skip all).

Question is why are we NOT able to create Q Level with the above combination in Target system when I use the Z program. My input parameters for Z program are Material number, Plant Number, Inspection lot origin = 01 (Goods receipt), with optional fields Vendor Number and Purchasing Org.

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Chandra.

Just to be sure, can you check if all conditions to make a manual inspection lot are met for the selection used in the Z program ? There should be exactly one valid task list for the selection you are using.

Additionally, can you please share the configuration of your DMR 000 ?

Regards,

Ayoub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayoub

Please find the attached screen shots for DMR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have got an issue in migrating Quality Levels for materials from the existing system to the new one .

The client maintains Quality Levels for materials both at Characteristic level and Lot level in the Brownfield; and we have an approach for migrating the Q-levels with Dynamic Modification at Lot Level to the new landscape using QDL1. But the issue is in migrating the Q-levels for materials with Inspection plans at Characteristic level Dynamic Modification.

QDL1 transaction cannot be used to create Q-levels at Characteristic level.

SAP provided a z-program in OSS-note-136395 By the way, the program on the note is simply named ZMQDQL10 .

And now, we ran out of ideas for recreating the Q-levels for materials that have Characteristic level Dynamic Modification. Please help.

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Have you tried to run the Z program in the target environment to recreate the quality levels at characteristic DMR as suggested by the oss note  ?

Regards,

Ayoub.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I have not gone through the details you and Ayoub was discussing. But I thought of sharing a few points at high level, which you can test/check and suggest -

a) Quality Level for MIC is maintained via Material assignment to routing GrP + GrC combination and I think they are not separate. So, I am not very sure about your understanding 'QDL1 transaction cannot be used to create Q-levels at Characteristic level'.

NOTE: As MIC's are assigned to Operations, which are linked to Routings, for materials, hence you need to check up to the hierarchy for analyzing the Quality level, for the material for the routing. Q-Level values for MIC + Routing + GrC + Material + Plant combination can be different for different combination as per my understanding.

b) It seems you said that your business has Quality Level maintained both at Inspection Lot Level as well as MIC level - Are you sure? I have never come across such a situation till now on such a mixed mode of operation. Please can you check the value PLKO-QDYNHEAD = 3 (MIC level) or 1 (Insp Lot Level). There could be a chance that to start of with, business has activated Q-Level at Inspection Type level, and with the maturity of business & process, they have moved to manage Q-Level at MIC level. If So, please check with business, what is the final setup required to managed after data Migration. Hopefully, you will not have to deal with Q-Level at Inspection LOT LEVEL!! Please get this checked. In case if there are open Q-levels, you need to come out with a more useful strategy to migrate the data.

c) First thing you should check before migration of Routing /Material assignment, what is the Q-Level for Material+Routing+GrC. You can validate the details form QDH1 or QDQL table. Now, as QDQL has the latest "Next stage" (QDQL-PRSTUFENAE). While you migrate data to the next system, please ensure that this value is rightly copied.

You can try coping the data As-Is form QDQL, except the below values -

a) PRUEFLOS => Insp lot level or PLOSOVE => MIC level

b) DATLPRUEF => Date of last inspection

c) DELDATUM => Deletion Date

d) RESDATUM => Reset date

e) BWLOS => Lot usage date (This value is copied form Result Recording)

f) BWLOSDYN => Dynamic Valuation (This value is copied form UD)

Then with these data create the new Quality Level in QDL1 in next system. Below is the sequence to follow the data migration -

1. Create Routing

2. Add Migrated Materials to Routing

3. Create Quality Level for Plant/Material/Routing Group/GrC (As discussed above)

4. Migrate transactional data like Inspection lots.

When the existing record is available, then the next lot creation will follow the data maintained in system.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajit, Thanks for the detailed info. I notice the source system (Plant A) does NOT have routing for the material . So there wouldn't be need to create routing for the material in Plant B
I am attaching the documentation with the screen shots. Please advise.

I need to migrate the Quality
Level for Charactertistic for Plant B similar to Plant A.

1. Plant
    A has Dynamic Rule 000 which is always skip for material 9000459616 with
    Q-Level for Characteristics (Note. These material Does NOT have routing in
    Plant A which is the source system.)
  2. I
    need to migrate the same in Plant B (Target system) for the same material.
  3. Notice
    I get the message “No Quality Levels were found for the specified selection
    criteria “ is displayed  when I execute
    QDH1 for Plant B

1. I have migrated the same inspection plan for Plant B from Plant A inspection as
    shown below. Both have the DMR = 000 (always skip)
  2. The inspection plan header data for both source (Plant A) and target (Plant B) are
    shown below.

1. The operation screen shots for both plants are shown above

I am unable to create the Q-Level for characteristic for Plant B . I need to get the similar
Q-Level for plant B. (The above screen shot QDH1 for plant A displays number of
Q-Level info)

Please advise how to create the QLevel info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit

what did you mean by "

You can try coping the data As-Is form QDQL, except the below values -

a) PRUEFLOS => Insp lot level or PLOSOVE => MIC level

b) DATLPRUEF => Date of last inspection

c) DELDATUM => Deletion Date

d) RESDATUM => Reset date

e) BWLOS => Lot usage date (This value is copied form Result Recording)

f) BWLOSDYN => Dynamic Valuation (This value is copied form UD)"

how can we copy directly? If you meant creating this programatically, I think this is not recommended in our company making direct table entries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

QDL1 is the standard SAP tcode for creating Q-Levels at Lot Level. However for Characteristic level I cannot use this because I get an error "You can only create Q Levels for plans with Dynamic medication by Lot". But I want to create on Characteristic level. Please help.

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

You can maintain quality level using either QDL2 or QDH1.

Best Regards,

Ayoub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ayoub

As I explained earlier, QDL2 is only to change the Q-Level. The Q-Level for characteristic will NOT be created if the Inspection plan has DMR = 000 (Skip All). But my requirement is to create Q-Level when Dynamic mod. Level = 3 (Dynaic Modification at Char. Level) and Modification rule = 000 (Skip all)

I tired QDH1 as well. The message "No Quality Levels were found for the specified selection criteria" is displayed. Obviously, we never created Q-Levels.

Please advise.

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra,

Can you please give more details on how are you conducting this migration ? What are the tools used etc.

Thanks,

Regards,

Ayoub.