cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP portal not logged off when user logs off on front end .net portal

former_member204733
Participant
0 Kudos

Problem is user A logs off of a front end .net portal, after having viewed EP and SAP Web Dynpro back end system (SCM) via a link. (Single Signon to EP using Siteminder Web AS Agent, and EP makes logon cookie to the SCM system.)

User logs off of the front end .net.   The SNC session is terminated.  But EP session remains.

User B logs back on the .net in the same browser session, and follows the link, ends up in SCM as user A.

But I think the issue is that the EP session is never being terminated.   And because the link is to an interop framework page, and appintg iview to SCM, the user never even sees EP page, There is no option to ever log off of it with a logoff button.

I read some words that seemed to say the .net portal would need to trigger closure of the EP.   Is that by embedding java script to close the portal in their log off?   Is there a better way ?

We are running Netweaver Portal 7.04.   The .net will be an externally facing portal, and may be accessed via multiple types of browsers.  We will have no option to actually make browsers allow pop-ups and such.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruth,

Can you please elaborate more about the scenario you are facing?

what do you mean by .net portal do you have some screenshots?

In general the main portal session termination toubleshooting blog is:

As it is mentioned in the blog, for the portal session management to work properly popups should be enabled.

Best regards,

Etay

former_member204733
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Etay, 

The front end where users log in is a different portal, not the SAP portal.  It is written in the .net language, and it has the "logoff" that they want the user to use.  The users will log in there with a siteminder session (which is based on an ldap id), and then later log off there, which logs them off of Siteminder and takes them back to a siteminder login screen. 

the SAP SCM/SNC session runs in an iframe of the .net portal.   User gets to SNC via a link from .net that took them to SAP Enterprise Portal (for the Siteminder single sign on with the java stack), but then an SAP portal iview to SNC.

When .net logoff is done, I see the SAP SNC session is terminated (probably because it recognized its window is closed), but the SAP Enterprise Portal session is maintained.  

And when the user comes back in from the browser, as a different user, somehow Siteminder / EP is making them the same original user logging in to SNC. 

There is a Siteminder component we are working with that is supposed to recognize they are a different user, and we are working the vendor, but even if the procedure logs them in as a new user, we will have an orphan EP session, waiting to time out. 

It would be better if we can force the logout in EP when the .net portal logoff button is pushed.   The  .net team has said they can call a page to issue a command.    But I am not sure how to enable that in EP for them to do it.

I don't see that any thing that talks about enabling pop-ups can help us.  The users are external users, we can tell them, but we can not guarantee they will do that.  and can not have a hole in the security if they do not.

Ruth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruth,

This thread is similar for your requirement:

HTML Logoff from SAP Portal 7.3 | SCN

A direct logoff link to the portal is

http/s://<Host>:<Port>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead.LogOutComponent?logout_submit=true

Best regards,

Etay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204733
Participant
0 Kudos

All,   have learned that our issue was not so much the user was not logged off, as when new user signs on in portal, he is being signed in to back end system as original user.

I have been using a Generic Application Integrator iview, but according to SAP, I needed to use the Web Dynpro iview, and with details from note 1717945 and related notes, so that it will do a logoff notification to the back end systems.

I think this is also what will kill the SAP_SESSIONID_sysid_client  cookie.   Because if I clear that manually, problem is fixed as well.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try this to inform the portal regarding logoff

Appendix: JavaScript Code for Session Termination - Portal - SAP Library