cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal report printing issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we have crystal reports 2011. I'm having hard time when we click on print or page set up, it takes forever to load the interface. what can be done?

we dont use any server. the application is just loaded on the computer.(local)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you are using the latest SP:

Downloads for SAP Crystal Reports and others

Make sure you are using the most up to date printer driver(s).

Make sure the printer driver is for your OS.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thank you for your reply.

I believe its a basic version of SAP crystal reports 2011 and ver. 14.0.4.738

When i check for the updates, its says it is up to date.

How do I update service pack when it doesn't show any updates?

This software at our office is used for major printing documents.(like mail merge)

And I really have no clue how it actually works.

And for the printers, the drivers are latest and they print well and good with any other software application. Ofcourse it prints with this crystal reports as well but its taking a long time to load the printer interface.(when we click on print/page setup).

I'm still not clear as how to proceed. can you help? thanks

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Version 14.0.4.738 tells me that you are on SP 4.

Remember I said:

Make sure you are using the latest SP:

Downloads for SAP Crystal Reports and others

If you go to the link I recommended, you will fond that the latest SP is 12. So, do update... Simply download the SP and follow the directions it throws at you.

As for:

And for the printers, the drivers are latest and they print well and good with any other software application.

What is the printer driver and what is it's version? What OS are you using? Also, define "long time".

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've downloaded the file. it downloads in zip format and when I unzip it, it has an error saying files corrupted in dinut. So i couldnt install it.(should i download again and try?)

And with regards to printers, we use different printer such as canon iR-ADV8105 etc.

the software was working fine until last week. since last week, we are having that issue of delayed loading of printer interface.

0 Kudos

So what was updated last week?

Do you know if this is installed in your Windows updates? - MS KB3078601

If it is then uninstall it. likely the cause.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

May I ask you what is that MS KB3078601 causing?

Is it causing the actually issue of delayed loading of Printer interface or (unzipping the service pack)??

Former Member
0 Kudos

what could MSKB.....601 cause? Is it causing the original printer interface issue or it blocking the zip folder(SP) from completely opening the files?

0 Kudos

Are you still having problems downloading the update, MS KBA has nothing to do with that.

Try downloading it again using a different browser.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

It downloads perfectly. but when i unzip it, one of the folders in it is corrupted and the install icon doesn't work.  Also In the previous messages, may I ask you why did you say that MS KB3078601 could be causing? what is it causing?

0 Kudos

MS KBA has nothing to do with your download problem, I was refering to the original issue you posted.

If the file is corrupt it did not download properly even thhough no error was reported. Try a different browser, it or possibly your AV software is blocking something.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tired that too. Halfway it stops the download and saying, cannot download. first time, I've used google chrome. and this time, internet explorer. either ways its not downloading the complete file. should i go for a lower SP pack and try? or is there any other way around?

0 Kudos

mmmm. Try Firefox, if that doesn't work then call Sales, they can use our FTP server and send you a link to download it.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi don,

I've installed the latest service pack on that software.

But still the print dialogue box loads very slow when we click on print. Issue has not been resolved.

what else can we do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ladak,

Sorry I missed the conversation there.

I've installed the SP12 and still the issue has not resolved.

the printer using different kinds of printers. for example we have canon iPR F200 C800, Canon iR-ADV 8105 UFRII, canon iR7086-7105-S2 etc.

I believe the drivers on them are also latest.

OS is windows 7!

Longtime means - 40-50 seconds

0 Kudos

Does it happen on everyone's PC's?

What happens if you select the Windows XPS driver?

What happens if you load Word or a PDF and try to print?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is only installed on one PC. the printer dialogue opens perfectly with any other application such as word, pdf etc. While we are in crystal reports software, either you click on print or page setup, it takes forever to load the dialogue box(interface).

0 Kudos

And what happens if you set your default printer to Windows XPS printer?

Can you attache the report, I want to see if anything unique in it.

Use the Advanced Editor and rename your report to test.txt.

Save data with the report so I can try printing also.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried xps default, it didn't work either.

Here is the test file that I've created.

Its not one file, the problem shows up on any file irregular of the size.

I believe it is something to do with the software itself.

0 Kudos

Interesting, nothing in the report but a text object.

No one else is having this problem so it must be someting in your environment.

Disconnect yourself from the network and disable your anti-virus software and see if that speeds things up.

Basically what is happening is CR is calling a Windows Common dialog box dll. Or may be our dialog box built off of the Windows dll. I any event the problem is something on your PC is blocking access, AV software is the most common cause, it has to scan all of the dll's the dialog dll needs which causes the delay.

What AV software are you using?

Try adding crw32.exe to the trusted application list. Talk to your IT guys if you need help with this.

Do you have lots of space on your Hard Drive? CR will generate a lot of temp file in your

c:\Users\YourName\appdata\temp folder.

Maybe you need to clean that folder up, delete all the files, 5 or so will be locked and a message will pop up so just skip them.

Close everything first...

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I've cleared the temp files and restarted the computer again. its working now.

Thank you for all your help. Its fast and easy now.

Thank you. Have a good day

Answers (0)