cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave request: Create new absence splitting the existing one avoiding collisions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I came across with a specific requirement of my client related to leave requests. As you know in the backend TM you may customize absences that will automatically cut the previous absence and allow you to create a new absence within the same period of the previous one without having the collision error. However I found out this feature does not work using ESS Leave request (we are on EHP7 using the WDA standard application).

Example:

Absence - Breastfeeding for 1 year - 01.01.2015 - 31.12.2015

In the backend (PA30) you create a new absence (Holidays) for today 20.11.2015.

The system gives you a popup and then splits the absence for one year correctly creating the absence for today automatically.

Creating absence

Result

Creating leave request through the portal (error)

Is that possible to accomplish the same PA30 behaviour through the portal?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
AS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check the method MODIFY_FORM in class CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBF and enhance it to overcome or skip this error message based on subtype.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

i would avoid going for modification as this is not supported as documented in Sap Note

and will require some custom modification to do this

similar one

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3828286

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, this also can be done from configuring that message no, either converting that error message to warning or not to display. But if it's based on some particular subtyp that's the reason i suggested that class and method to check. But still during leaves posting to back end it may have issues which we need to cross check and do customize according to that if required.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

The same behavior may not be accomplished on the portal because in the backend SAP system if there is a collision of requests then it will ask whether the record needs to be created by adjusting the existing record or it shouldn't but on the portal if there is a collision of requests then the system issues an error message by which it halts the further processing.

The option would be to change the existing record and create the new records.

Regards,

Abhilash K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

once delete all which u created and re apply again and check it for 20 nov also and then apply again