cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ajax Theme Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have requirement to change the color of portal.

We can change the color of portal from Ajax theme studio, if we are working with Ajax frame work page with SAP Tradeshow theme.

My issue is, can we change the color of existing custom SAP Tradeshow theme in Ajax Theme Studio?

Though i didn't find any thing in Ajax theme studio to import Existing custom theme to change the leading color?

Please suggest, if there is any way to change the color of existing theme in Ajax theme Studio, portal version 7.3?

Thanks,

Sonali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Dear Sonali

There are two options:

1.) If your custom theme have small changes it's better to create a new custom theme via Ajax Theme Studio with the right color and then to add your original changes like Vijay Kumar Kalluri suggested

2.) This is more complex solution and it will only help you with the images:

Before you start export your original theme as a backup

a.) Export your original custom theme, you will get a zip file.

b.) Extract this zip file. Now extract the portal.zip and ur.zip files. The result is two   directories                 portal and ur.

c.) Create a custom theme via Ajax theme Studio with the color you choose and export it. The                  result is a zip file

d.) Extract this zip file and extract also ur.zip and portal.zip like in “stage b”

e.) Copy all the images from ur and portal from the last stage. To their equivalent from “stage b”               (Basically override the custom theme images) Be aware it will override any image you change.

f.) zip ur and portal directory from “stage 2” and now zip the custom theme.

g.) Import the zip file. Now you suppose to see the images with the right color

If you didn't like the result you can import your original custom theme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matan

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  1. Go to Start of the navigation path Content Administration Next navigation step Portal Display Next navigation step Portal Themes Next navigation step Ajax Theme Studio End of the navigation path.
  2. Select one of the colors and choose Preview .The Preview window displays the effect that the color change has on the theme.
  3. When you have decided on a color, choose Done .
  4. Specify a name for the theme and choose Export .

Note The theme name can only contain alphanumeric characters and spaces, and must not begin with SAP.

5. Save the compressed file on your machine.
  6. Use the Transport Themes tool to import the theme into the portal.

Please check this documents . it should be useful  document-1  and Ajax-Theme-Studio

and

Kindly let me know if you need any more information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks,

I already have a customised theme of my portal (SAP tradeshow) and i want to change the change the color of this theme in Ajax theme studio but i am can not see any thing to import our existing theme in Ajax theme Studio.

I want to change the colour of my extsting customised theme in Ajax theme studio.

If we change the color and preview it in Ajax theme studio with the steps what u have given is just a Standard theme where we are able to change the color. Please suggest if there is way to change the existing portal theme color.

Regards,

Sonali

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  1. Go to Start of the navigation path Content Administration Next navigation step Portal Display Next navigation step Portal Themes Next navigation step Ajax Theme Studio End of the navigation path.
  2. Choose the Leading Color of your choice.

3.     Click on Done button

4.     Provide a name of your choice and click on Export

5.     Save to Local System

6.      Navigate to Transport Themes

7.      Click on Import Themes, and choose the Theme save to the local system and click on the Import button.

8.      After Importing the New Theme will appear in the Export Themes list

9.      Navigate to Theme Editor

10. Select the theme from the list and Choose - "Ajax Framework Page" from the Elements drop down. Click on Open button.

11. The new theme with the required leading color will appear. You may edit it as required. 

I think, the above steps will help you to design with your favorite colors...

Kindly let me know if you need any more information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks vijay,

Yes, this way we can change the color but it would require again the customisation.

I already have a customised theme which is in current use, can we not be able to change the color for this now in Ajax theme studio?

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know only this is the way we can change the color in portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per  comments, whatever i given that is simply way. so go head with my suggestions

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your issue is resolved or got the right information. Please close the task. It’s may be useful for another persons who is having same issue.

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

You should be able to edit any custom theme on Portal through the following path for version 7.3:

Content Administration->Portal Display->Portal Themes->Theme Editor.

All standard and custom themes should be listed in the drop down.

Do let me know in case you are facing any further issues.

Best Regards,

Rohit Singhal