cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Planning Upload error in Material Migration Activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have Storage location 115000 Mumbai & are using for purchase & sales, till date we ware using manual planning for this location.

Current Material planning setting for any product is as below

We want to update below tabs by using Material Migration Template

• Procurement Lead Time
  • Planning Procedure
  • Lot-Sizing Method
  • Reorder Point Quantity
  • Target Stock Quantity
  • Safety Stock Quantity

but when i update these data using migration template, system gives below error for all products

"similar entry already exist for supply planning area for product XYZ"

Please let me know how to get away from this error

Regards

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

From your message i can see that you are uploading planning details for the materials that is already created in the system. If my understanding is rite, then system is behaving as designed.

Solution

Kindly select all the materials that you want to upload the planning details using shift button and then click "Mass Update".  There you can change as per your requirement.

I have added  the screen shot below for your reference. Kindly check and let me know for further clarifications

Regards,

Paarthiban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paarthiban,

As per my understanding, Mass update is for updating selected materials for a similar change (as you displayed above)

In my case, i have almost 11000 material with different Planning procedure, Lead Time, Safety Stock etc (parameters listed in my first message).

it is not possible to select material based on their planning & use Mass Update.

Many thanks for reply.

Regards, Vishal Kambare.

stefan_resag
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

please have a look at the Mass Data Maintenance work center. This is based on the migration work bench templates and allows to do mass changes. You have to first export a file for the products and aspect (e.g. planning aspect) you want to do mass changes for and then import the materials again with the file where the changes have been applied.

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

This is the same screen which is used in Material Migration through template.

0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

the purpose of the migration mode "Enhance already existing records" would here be to add a subrecord with planning information for new planning groups - under the prerequisites that there is no planning information for these groups yet.

If I understand correctly, this is not the situation that you have. In your case the planning information for the affected planning groups is already maintained, and you want to do a mass change for these entries. The right tool to perform this is, as Stefan correctly described, the Mass Data Maintenance workcenter (or the Mass Update as described by Paarthiban, while I understood that this does not meet your selection requirements).

Did you try the Mass Data Maintenance run?

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

All products are maintained only with "Procurement Type" data in Material Master for location ID 115000

Below listed data is still blank in Material master for location ID 115000

• Procurement Lead Time
  • Planning Procedure
  • Lot-Sizing Method
  • Reorder Point Quantity
  • Target Stock Quantity
  • Safety Stock Quantity

I tried updating these records from migration activity with "Enhance already existing records"

but gave error.

I gave try for Mass Data Maintenance but faced error "Only files created in Mass Data Maintenance supported" hence couldn't go ahead.

Regards

Vishal

stefan_resag
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

please first export the products using the Mass Data Maintenance Work Center. Then modify the data and upload the same file again using the upload feature. This should work.

Best regards,

Stefan

Answers (0)