SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why two payment document number in FPY1

former_member596992
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I am collecting the payment at business partner level in transaction FPY1, it create two payment document number according to contract account.

As there are two contract account under that business partner and there are two separate debit line item for that two contract account each. And when I run FPY1 it create two payment document number according to contract account.

But we have maintain the grouping rule for business partner also in spro.

Please suggest, so that we can provide the solution to our clients.

Thanks & Regards

Tamal

6 REPLIES 6

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamal,

The extended grouping that you are talking about is not very useful in payment consolidation scenarios that you are looking for across multiple CA's for a particular BP.

The Extended Grouping functionality is groups open items even more detailed, compared to standard grouping. However, it doesn't support a cross different contract accounts.

The only way out that I could see in your scenario is to populate the Alternate Payer field at the CA level with the Business partner for both the CA's.

And then try to see what's happening.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for you reply, I have checked as you sai, I have maintained the business partner in Alternate Payer field at the CA level with the Business partner for both the CA's. And then again run the FPY1 to collect the payment. But this time also it is creating two payment documents.

Thanks & Regards

Tamal

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not clear on what issue you are describing: are there really two payment documents?

Could you please provide a screenshot?

cheers

Paul

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Please find the bellow screen shots.

Here we can see two contract account are assigned to a single business partner. And now I want to collect this this item together in business partner level, and it should be a single payment document. But when I run the FPY1, it create two payment document as bellow.

Please suggest, how to get a single payment document for this two contract account.

Thanks & Regards

Tamal.

0 Kudos

Hi Tamal,

You can try this -

1. Either, create a grouping characteristic as Business Partner (GPART) in Expended Grouping configuration. And, then assign that grouping char in gropuing variant.

OR

2. create your own grouing characteristic (say ZGPART) and create your own active function module by copying FKK_SAMPLE_TFK126. I hope all the payable credit items will come in the table T_FKKCL_E126 in a single interation (assuming you would run FPY1 at BP level). You can write code as if X_IFNAM is "ZGPART" then assign T_FKKCL_E126-FWERT_E126 as the BP number. So for all the credit line items, BP number will be populated in the string and then system will create a single payable group since the grouping string is common.

AND

1. Enhance event 600 and call function module FKK_GROUPING_PROPOSAL_GENERATE by passing only the GPART in there. You can refer the FM FKK_GROUPING_PROPOSAL_GEN_0600.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Bodhisattwa

0 Kudos

Thanks Bodhisattwa, I will try this, and will come back with the test result.