cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find BOBJ SID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick question for a newbie to Business Objects. Does BOBJ have and kind of SID like regular SAP NW systems do? I've looked around and don't see any used anywhere for configuration. We are moving to a hosted BOBJ solution with HEC. If you can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor

Robert,

Right-Click on Object and select properties, you will see the ID (Unique SID) & CUID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Robert,

Like SAP BW we dont have SID system in BOBJ.

To connect to BOBJ environment we need to have the CMS(Central Management Server) ready.

@Viswanadh Chaudhary.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. I'm not looking for CUIDs but wondering where in a BOBJ system if anywhere one might find the System ID that would be listed in the marketplace when provisioning a license.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's all true and I appreciate your reply but I'm more concerned with simply finding where one might tell the system what SID it is using. Thanks.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Such an ID does not exist in BOBJ system - it's a made up ID you create for your BOBJ installation for registration purposes.

BOBJ itself does not have any

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome. That's what I thought as well since I couldn't find it anywhere but wanted to get confirmation from someone in the know. Since I'm fairly new to admining those systems I wanted to get some feedback from other folks. Thanks again.

Answers (0)