SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FQ events to change Payment file name for Payment Medium

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have observed that we can give only static payment file name along with file path in the variant for Payment Medium program (SAPFKPY3). When Payment file is generated, post payment run (FPY1), the static payment file name is appended with a 3 digit counter,like FILE001, FILE002 etc. and saved into the file path.

Whether there is any FQ event where we can write a logic to have dynamic file name or  dynamic parts to be appended with the static file name. Also how to stop the counter being appended with the file name.

Thanks & Regards,

Rupam Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member199199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupam,

You can try this -

Go to t-code FQP3 and select your payment media format. Under that, go to Event Modules for Payment Media Formats. Within that use event 21. You can refer the sample FM for event 21 which is FKK_PAYMEDIUM_SAMPLE_21 where you can have customer's record in I_PAYH and you have file name field as C_FILENAME.

So, you can create your own custom version of this FM and use I_PAYH information to determine the file name. Pass the file name in the field C_FILENAME. Finally, plug in the FM in the event 21. You should be able to get desired result when you run SAPFKPY3.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Bodhisattwa

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

former_member199199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupam,

You can try this -

Go to t-code FQP3 and select your payment media format. Under that, go to Event Modules for Payment Media Formats. Within that use event 21. You can refer the sample FM for event 21 which is FKK_PAYMEDIUM_SAMPLE_21 where you can have customer's record in I_PAYH and you have file name field as C_FILENAME.

So, you can create your own custom version of this FM and use I_PAYH information to determine the file name. Pass the file name in the field C_FILENAME. Finally, plug in the FM in the event 21. You should be able to get desired result when you run SAPFKPY3.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Bodhisattwa

0 Kudos

Hi Rupam,

Just to add to comments, not every Payment medium format will have an event 21 configured as per standard SAP. It varies from format that is being used for each country.

So, if you are using the debit memo functionality then depending on which format you are using, you can use event 20 or event 21 to cater your requirement.

Moreover, if you are using the Payment order functionality, then you have to use event 30 or event 31 for your requirement.

Thanks,

Amlan